Book your room at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Traditional Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Traditional Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
New Orleans hotel, in French Quarter
New Orleans landmark
This French Quarter hotel opened in 1886 and is within 4 blocks of Jackson Square, Canal St shops, Harrah's New Orleans Casino, Café du Monde, and the restaurants and jazz clubs of lively Bourbon St.
A literary legacy
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans is home to the famous revolving Carousel Bar, a favorite of playwright Tennessee Williams, the hotel also offers a rooftop outdoor pool.
French Quarter views
Guestrooms at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans provide views of the French Quarter or surrounding cityscape, high-speed Internet access, antique-reproduction furnishings, and marble-and-granite bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
At your hotel
Hotel Monteleon New Orleans is a historic French Quarter hotel that is within a half-mile of Canal St. shopping, the Aquarium of the Americas, and the nightlife of Bourbon St.
Hotel Monteleone has a restaurants and features the revolving Carousel Bar, a must-see on every literary visitor's list attractions in the city.
The heated rooftop pool affords spectacular views of the French Quarter. Other highlights include a day spa (surcharge), fitness center, and barbershop.
A business center provides computers with high-speed Internet access, faxing, copying, printing, and office supplies (surcharges). Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the hotel's public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 570
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 24000
- Conference space size (meters) - 2230
- Number of meeting rooms - 25
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1886
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $9.95 USD /24 hours surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( $9.95 USD /24 hours surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - ( $9.95 USD /24 hours surcharge ) , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room massage available
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
Eat and drink
Carousel Lounge - Famous haunt of well-known American writers, artists, and entertainers for generations. Revolving carousel with circus motif for a bar, hand-painted barstools, and fiber-optic stars. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres during evening cocktail hour. Occasional live piano entertainment. Open from late morning until late night.
Poolside Bar - Adjacent to the rooftop pool. Serving snacks and beverages. Open seasonally.
A 30-foot heated pool on a rooftop deck of Hotel Monteleon New Orleans provides French Quarter views. The fitness center includes treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, a strength-training machine, fresh fruit, and towels.
Four blocks away, Jackson Square is a popular jogging spot.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
The Spa Aria offers a range of treatments and beauty services including massages, manicures and pedicures, body scrubs, reflexology and waxing. Couples treatment rooms are available.
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
The fine print for Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44.80 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 100 one-time cleaning
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.