Book your room at Royal Sonesta Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
- 1 king
Deluxe, One King Bed, Accessible
- 1 king
Deluxe, One King Bed
- 1 king
Deluxe, Two Double Beds - 20% off Best Available Rate
- 2 double
New Orleans French Quarter hotel, on Bourbon St
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Taste of Bourbon St.
This French Quarter hotel is directly on lively Bourbon Street, just 6 blocks from Jackson Square and 2 blocks from the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line.
Authentic New Orleans experience
The Royal Sonesta Hotel offers all-day dining at the casual streetside bistro, Desire Oyster Bar. Specialty appetizers, cocktails, and live jazz are featured 7 nights a week at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse.
Heart of the French Quarter
The 483 guestrooms at Royal Sonesta Hotel, many with wrought-iron balconies, face the streets or an inner courtyard and feature modern decor, free WiFi, and CD players.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Royal Sonesta Hotel
- At your hotel
This New Orleans hotel is in the French Quarter on Bourbon St, 6 blocks from Jackson Square and one half-mile from Harrah's New Orleans Casino.
The Royal Sonesta Hotel features street-level shopping, a casual oyster bar, and a gourmet restaurant serving French and Creole cuisine. Two lounges — one opening right onto Bourbon Street — are also featured.
The Royal Sonesta has an outdoor courtyard pool, complimentary fitness center, 24-hour business center and 20 conference rooms, interior patios, and a dedicated concierge desk. A ballroom is also available and wedding services can be arranged. The hotel basic wireless Internet access throughout and garage parking (surcharges). Dogs and cats up to 30 pounds are permitted (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Room service
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 483
- Number of floors - 7
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1969
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1858
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 20
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 20000
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Stay connected
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- In your room
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- In-room safe
- Complimentary newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Turndown service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- Eat and drink
Desire Bistro & Oyster Bar - Guests can sample fresh Louisiana seafood and Creole delicacies for lunch and dinner in this casual spot. Breakfast is served in this bistro from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
Daquiri Delight Shop - Serves daquiris in an ice-cream parlor setting.
Irving Mayfield Jazz Playhouse - Grammy and Billboard Award-winning jazz trumpeter Irvin Mayfield proudly presents Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse, showcasing New Orleans' greatest jazz talent and serving your favorite cocktails and appetizers in a luxurious venue on the lobby level 7 nights a week!.
Restaurant R'evolution – Contemporary reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine.
PJ's Coffee Café - Café open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, offering a selection of coffees and teas along with freshly baked pastries, paninis and soup.
Le Booze - A bar facing Bourbon Street offering snacks and cigars.
The Royal Sonesta Hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool in an enclosed courtyard. Pool cabanas and pool sun loungers are also available at a surcharge. A complimentary fitness center is also on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Running track/path nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
The Fine Print for Royal Sonesta Hotel
- When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
- When you leave
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Your furry friends
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 30
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.