Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room - European plan
Superior Room, 1 Queen Bed - European Plan
King Suite and Living Area - European plan
Upper East Side New York hotel near Museum Mile
Central Park: 1 block
Located on New York's posh Upper East Side, the stylish yet affordable Hotel Wales is in the historic Carnegie Hill neighborhood, 1 block from Central Park on Madison Avenue between East 92nd and 93rd Streets.
Resembling its Victorian-mansion neighbors, the Hotel Wales features a rooftop garden terrace with umbrella tables, a sitting room, and a locally popular restaurant.
This New York hotel offers guestrooms and suites with antique-style furnishings, Belgian linens, down comforters and pillows, Frette Italian bathrobes, and CD players.
A rooftop terrace graced by potted plants and flowers and furnished with umbrella tables provides views of New York's Upper East Side and a glimpse of the East River.
On the second floor of the Hotel Wales, the spacious Pied Piper Room has drawings and paintings depicting Victorian childhood fables; rose-brocade chairs; deep couches; green-marble-topped tables; brass light fixtures; Oriental rugs on a dark-wood floor; potted plants; fresh flowers; and lace blinds dressing tall, flower-box-lined windows looking down on the lively neighborhood street scene.
A room off the Pied Piper Room provides complimentary high-speed Internet service at a workstation computer connected to a printer.
$42 for 24 hours, and $5 additional for in/out privileges. Price does not include tax, may vary by weekday, and is subject to change without notice.
Private cars and shuttle vans of varying prices are available. They can be selected during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking garage
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Secretarial services
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Total number of rooms - 87
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Video library
- Pool table
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 10
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Business center
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- CD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Clock radio
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Sarabeth's - Popular neighborhood restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner daily and Sunday brunch. Lunch choices include salads, sandwiches, burgers, and specialties such as chicken potpie, penne with goat cheese, grilled tuna. Dinner choices such as smoked-salmon potato pancake, crab cake, grilled white asparagus with figs, grilled duck breast, pistachio-coated halibut, steak, lamb, and weekly specials. Café seating for espresso drinks, pastries, desserts, ice cream.
Paola's - Upscale Italian restaurant with a menu of traditional and innovative dishes. Guests can start with their choice of antipasti, followed by selections from the robust pasta and secondi menus.
Juicy Naam - Juice bar serving fruit and vegetable juice beverages and health food items for breakfast and lunch.
Central Park, one block from this Upper East Side New York hotel, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including tennis courts, boat rentals, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's skating rink, 1.25 miles away, opens in winter. Guests of the Hotel Wales receive a discount at the 92nd Street Y health club, two blocks away.
The recreational activities listed below are available near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Playground nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49-59 per day