Book your room at The Mark
Manhattan hotel between Madison Avenue, Central Park
Madison Avenue, Fifth Avenue, and Museum Mile
This 16-story hotel is in Manhattan's Upper East Side, close to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Whitney Museum, and Central Park. With Madison Avenue less than a block away, The Mark places you in the center of Manhattan's social and cultural scene.
The Mark Style
The Mark features avant-garde design by Jacques Grange and artisan-crafted interior pieces, 24-hour room service and the extraordinary The Mark Restaurant by Jean Georges. The Frederic Fekkai Salon at The Mark offers an array of beauty treatments.
Bang & Olufsen TVs
High French style, modern technology and old-world personal service typify The Mark hotel. Guestrooms feature Bang & Olufsen televisions and DVD players, Quagliotti bed linens, Sub-Zero mini-bars, Frederic Malle Special Scent, Crestron Automation, and Shoe Care Service by John Lobb.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Mark reopened in November 2009 after an extensive renovation led by Jacques Grange, the famed French interior designer whose clientele list includes Yves Saint Laurent, Princess Caroline of Monaco, and Ronald S. Lauder.
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges offers Sunday brunch, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Guests can also enjoy 24-hour in-room dining through Jean-Georges.
This Manhattan hotel offers complimentary shoe shine. The Mark features an on-site Frederic Fekkai salon, which offers a full spectrum of pampering massages and hair and beauty treatmens, both in the salon or ensuite; the hotel also features a 24-hours fitness center. Technology support is provided by a dedicated staff, and a gift shop/newsstand is available. The property is smoke free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 150
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 12
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1927
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Soundproofed rooms
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access (complimentary)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges - Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his passion for simple cooking using fresh-from-the-market ingredients to this restaurant. The Mark Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch. The Mark Bar features signature cocktails and is one of the best chic meeting spots on Madison Avenue.
In-room dining - Available 24 hours a day through Jean-Georges.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Home to renowned hairstylist Frederick Fekkai, the salon at The Mark offers a spectrum of services that incorporate Feddai's individual approach to hair and beauty, his high level of pampering (including massages), and his personally selected staff of stylists and beauty specialists.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 2
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- The Mark is listed in the 2010 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.