Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, City View - Standalone
Twin Room, 2 Single Beds, City View
- Two Twin Beds
Upper East Side elegance across from Central Park
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
New York’s landmark hotel, located on Fifth Avenue overlooking Central Park for over 80 years, The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York continues to set the standard for elegance and unrivaled hospitality in New York City. Perfectly situated across the street from Central Park, the 41-story Pierre is steps away from the renowned shopping on Fifth and Madison Avenues, museums and cultural centers, and the businesses of Midtown Manhattan.
A tradition of outstanding service
Known for providing gracious service, guests of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York are greeted by the hotel’s award winning concierge team, eager to assist with personal shopping, theater tickets, private tours, dining reservations, and more. White gloved elevator attendants await guests to bring them to their desired floor. The Pierre’s 11 residential-style Grand Suites come with the trappings of a private Taj Royal Attaché trained in the palaces of India to flawlessly fulfill every guest request.
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York's updated guestrooms and suites feature high ceilings, abundant natural light, luxury bedding, richly textured fabrics, and Turkish marble baths. 40-inch flat-panel TVs come with high-definition DVD players.
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York rises majestically above Central Park and Fifth Avenue on Manhattan's Upper East Side. Madison Avenue, 1 block east, is lined with designer boutiques, elite stores such as Barneys New York, and art galleries. Cultural attractions, including the Theater District, Lincoln Center, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, are within 1 mile.
Hand-painted murals and Italian marble decor make workouts a pleasure at the health club. Chilled face towels, fresh fruit, and vitamin water are provided.
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York welcomes pets less than 15 pounds at no extra charge. Small dogs receive a customized room-service menu, a special welcome amenity, and their own bed.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 200
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Laundry facilities
- Shopping on site
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 39
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Technology helpdesk
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Bathroom phone
- Bathroom scale
- Flat-panel TV
- DVD player
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Remote lighting/drapery/curtain control
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Multi-line phone
- Soundproofed rooms
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
Sirio Ristorante New York - Named after the legendary restaurateur Sirio Maccioni. The restaurant space has been renovated by hospitality interior designer Adam Tihany, with a decor inspired by Federico Fellini's film La Dolce Vita. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Sirio Ristorante New York has enlisted Italian chef Filippo Gozzoli who will offer a menu of traditional and contemporary dishes with Florentine, Tuscan and Parisian influences.
Two E Bar/Lounge - Residential-style lobby lounge featuring classic cocktails meticulously crafted from the freshest ingredients, a wine list that introduces little-known producers, a coffee bar, and afternoon tea. A menu from Executive Chef Ashfer Biju complements the many beverage options, with light fare and small plates available until midnight. Live jazz every Tuesday evening. Hours: 10:30 AM to 1 AM. Dress code: Smart Casual.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Available 24 hours, the fitness center is adorned with hand-painted murals and Italian marble. Cardio machines are individually equipped with TVs, stereos, and headphones. The fitness center also features a selection of resistance machines and free weights. Chilled face towels, fresh fruit, and bottled water are provided. Certified personal trainers are available upon request (surcharge). Massage (surcharge) is offered in the health club's treatment room, as well as in the privacy of guestrooms.
Central Park, across the street from The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York, encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes in an emerald setting. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Reservoir. The hotel provides a map with jogging routes. The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York's Clefs d'Or Concierge Team can arrange rowboat and bicycle rentals, as well as wintertime ice-skating at Wollman Rink. The Victorian Gardens Amusement Park operates during warmer months, and splendid views of the park and city are enjoyable year-round.
The recreational activates listed below are available on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 15
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 60 per night
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 70 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.