Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Courtyard - Dream More $100 Per Nt Credit
Deluxe Rose Suite
Next to New York’s Central Park, the legend continues
The Legend Continues
Ideally situated where Manhattan's Fifth Avenue meets Central Park, this celebrated New York hotel re-opened in Spring 2008 after a $400 million lobby-to-roof renovation with a new and contemporary spirit.
New level of luxury
The Plaza features The Champagne Bar, The Rose Club, a Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa, The Plaza Food Hall by Todd English and The Palm Court, a Warren-Tricomi Salon, and the world-class Shops at The Plaza.
The Plaza's spacious guestrooms and suites feature sumptuous bedding with cotton sheets, wall-mounted plasma TVs, and in-room iPads. Bathrooms feature 24-carat gold-plated Sherle Wagner fixtures, earth-stone floral wall mosaics, and separate showers and tubs.
The Plaza Hotel is located at the meeting point of Fifth Avenue and Central Park South, overlooking the Pulitzer Fountain and Grand Army Plaza. Central Park's emerald expanse is directly across the street. The elite shops of Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue are within walking distance. Rockefeller Center and the Theater District are about seven blocks south.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 282
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 20
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom scale
- Bathroom phone
- Flat-panel TV
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Multi-line phone
- In-room safe
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Remote lighting/drapery/curtain control
- Sewing kit
- Turndown service
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Oak Room - A New York legend restored to its original grandeur. Oak-paneled room in the German Renaissance style. Opened in 1907 as "The Men's Bar."
Oak Bar - Quintessential Manhattan bar. Club setting with Central Park views, dark-sable oak walls, leather chairs, and the original cityscape murals by Everett Shinn.
The Champagne Bar - The world's finest champagnes served in the afternoon and evening. Freshly baked pastries and extensive array of specialty coffees in the morning. Spectacular setting in The Plaza's new Fifth Avenue lobby. Open daily.
The Rose Club - Located on two levels overlooking the new Fifth Avenue lobby. Cocktails, appetizers, light gourmet fare. Open daily, 11 AM till late evening.
The Palm Court - Open for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, under the luminous stained glass laylight. An a la carte brunch menu is offered on Sundays. Cocktails and children’s menus are available for special events in the evening.
Central Park, across from the hotel, encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes in an emerald setting. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The Loeb Boathouse, on a picturesque lake, rents rowboats and bicycles. The Wollman Rink offers ice-skating in the winter, the Victorian Gardens Amusement Park during the warmer months, and splendid views of the park and city year-round.
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
The Caudalie Vinothérapie® Spa at The Plaza features 14 treatment rooms, a Vichy shower, a private VIP room for 2, Vinothérapie® Spa signature barrel bath, 2 Hammans, and an exclusive French Paradox Wine Lounge. Spa treatments include a variety of facials, body scrubs, and massages. Treatments, offering the restorative benefits of grape and grapevine polyphenols, are performed by trained Vinotherapists.
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Please Note that Oak Room and Oak Bar are temporarily closed and will be re-opening in 2012.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Pet maximum weight in lb is 20
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 38.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- The Plaza is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.