Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds - advance purchase..
- One Double Bed
Superior Room, 1 King Bed with Sofabed - Advance Purchase.
- One King Bed
Sunderland’s only 4-Star hotel overlooking sandy beaches
Beach & local attractions
Situated on a stretch of beach in Sunderland, Marriott Sunderland is within easy reach of National Glass Centre, St Peter's Church, Stadium of Light, Northern Gallery for Contemporary Art and more.
Features an indoor pool and whirlpool, as well as a fully equipped gym with cardio equipment, free weights, and free fitness classes.
Guestrooms include Marriott’s signature bedding, as well as 32” flat screen TVs.
Marriott Sunderland has 82 rooms and 5 meeting rooms, along with complimentary on-site parking. Our hotel has wireless internet in public areas, and wired internet in the guest rooms (surcharge applies). Additionally, this hotel has leisure facilities available to all guests, including an indoor pool, spa tub, and a fully equipped gym. The hotel also offers a restaurant and bar, where guests can unwind and have a meal or a drink.
Business-related amenities at this hotel consist of limo/town car service, audio-visual equipment, and small meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 2852 square feet (265 square meters) include a ballroom and banquet facilities. This beach hotel also offers a fitness facility, a steam room, and multilingual staff. Complimentary self parking is available on site. Marriott Sunderland has designated areas for smoking.
- Audiovisual equipment
- 24-hour front desk
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Internet point
- Half board rates available
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 82
- Number of floors - 3
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Free self parking
- Year Built 1936
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 2852
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 265
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 5
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Free on-street parking
- Banquet facilities
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Event catering
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free guest parking during stay
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Free self parking, Free on-street parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Sewing kit
- Trouser press
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Wake-up calls
- Complimentary newspaper
- Turndown service (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Plasma TV
- Water view
- Beach view
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Sea view
- Down blanket
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
The beachfront Promenade restaurant is a casual dining experience inspired by traditional English dishes serves breakfast and dinner. Also, the Mariner Café and Bar is the perfect place to unwinds over an afternoon tea, lunch or dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
24-hour room service is available.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club, a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 15.95 for adults and GBP 8 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.