Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Single Room
Standard Double Room
Standard Twin Room
Superior Double Room, Garden View
Historical hotel with indoor pool, in central York
Near the York Minster
Set amid manicured grounds, this handsomely renovated Victorian hotel is next to the main railway station and within 0.7 km of the National Railway Museum, York Dungeon, and the Gothic York Minster.
Health club, spa tub
The Royal York Hotel's health club includes a heated indoor pool, spa tub, sauna, steam room, and gym. The hotel also features a restaurant, bar, 24-hour room service, and concierge services.
Charming rooms for business and leisure travelers alike
Guestrooms offer wired (high speed) Internet access (surcharge), TV, and coffee/tea-making facilities. Trouser presses and irons/ironing boards are also provided. Bathrooms come with hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 31 December 2013 to 31 December 2013 (dates subject to change):
The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 23 December to 26 December:
- Dining venue
- Dining venue
Occupying an impressive Victorian building, this hotel is adjacent to the main railway station and within a short walk of theaters, shops, and the York Minster. Wide lawns and gardens surround the hotel.
The health club features a heated indoor pool, along with a spa tub, steam room, sauna, and gym. The Tempus Restaurant, offering garden views, serves breakfast and dinner, as well as conference lunches. The hotel also offers a stylish bar and 24-hour in-room dining. Wireless Internet access is available.
All public areas and guestrooms are smoke-free.
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Concierge services
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 167
- Currency exchange
- Number of floors - 5
- Year Built 1870
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 15
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Standard TV service
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Iron/ironing board
- Window opens
- Trouser press
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe
Tempus bar - With views of the garden, the restaurant offers breakfast, dinner, light snacks, and cocktails are served in the contemporary atmosphere.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 14.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 9.50 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 8 per day
- Late check-out fee: GBP 25.00
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.