Availability: The Royal York Hotel
Standard Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Superior Double Room, Garden ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Twin Room, Garden ViewMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Standard Single RoomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Historical hotel with indoor pool, in central York
Near the York Minster
Set amid manicured grounds, this handsomely renovated Victorian hotel is next to the main railway station and within 0.7 km of the National Railway Museum, York Dungeon, and the Gothic York Minster.
Health club, spa tub
The Royal York Hotel's health club includes a heated indoor pool, spa tub, sauna, steam room, and gym. The hotel also features a restaurant, bar, 24-hour room service, and concierge services.
Charming rooms for business and leisure travelers alike
Guestrooms offer wired (high speed) Internet access (surcharge), TV, and coffee/tea-making facilities. Trouser presses and irons/ironing boards are also provided. Bathrooms come with hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 23 December to 26 December:
- Dining venue
The Royal York Hotel Amenities
Occupying an impressive Victorian building, this hotel is adjacent to the main railway station and within a short walk of theaters, shops, and the York Minster. Wide lawns and gardens surround the hotel.
The health club features a heated indoor pool, along with a spa tub, steam room, sauna, and gym. The Tempus Restaurant, offering garden views, serves breakfast and dinner, as well as conference lunches. The hotel also offers a stylish bar and 24-hour in-room dining. Wireless Internet access is available.
All public areas and guestrooms are smoke-free.
- Steam room
- Spa tub
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Indoor pool
- Concierge services
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Total number of rooms - 167
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 5
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1870
- Number of meeting rooms - 15
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe
Tempus bar - With views of the garden, the restaurant offers breakfast, dinner, light snacks, and cocktails are served in the contemporary atmosphere.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Royal York Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 14.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 9.50 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 8 per day
- Late check-out fee: GBP 25.00
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.