Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room
- Two Single Beds
3-star hotel with a shuttle to the slopes
Located near the slopes, this Akureyri hotel is in the mountains, within the vicinity of Akureyri Botanical Garden and Hlidarfjall, and close to winter activities such as horse riding/rentals. Also nearby are Akureyri Church and University of Akureyri.
Skiing, food, fun
After a day on the slopes, return to dine at the restaurant and drink at the bar/lounge. Additional amenities at Icelandair Hotel Akureyri include ski storage and a coffee shop/café.
32-inch flat-panel TVs
Guestrooms have wireless Internet access (surcharge), coffee/tea makers, and desks; rooms also include hair dryers and private bathrooms.
This mountain hotel's ski shuttle (surcharge) will get you to the slopes in no time. When the sun goes down, sip après-ski drinks in the hotel's bar.
The hotel offers a restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and a snack bar/deli. High-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Onsite parking is complimentary. A total renovation of this property was completed in 2011.
Icelandair Hotel Akureyri is a smoke-free property.
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Audiovisual equipment
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Technology support staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Coffee shop or café
- Currency exchange
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Free guest parking during stay
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 5
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Free parking
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking
- Ski storage
- Smoke-free property
- Snack bar/deli
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Fireplace in lobby
- Half board rates available
- Full board rates available
- Year Built 1966
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking
- Room Amenities
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Complimentary toiletries
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Flat-panel TV
- Standard TV service
- City view
- Mountain view
- Ocean view
Onsite restaurant - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in Scandinavian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour and afternoon tea are offered.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Playground nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ISK 2050 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: ISK 900 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: ISK 3800 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.