Availability: Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel
Studios across from Kapiolani Beach Park
Near Diamond Beach
On the Diamond Head end of Waikiki, the Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel is a half-block from the ocean, 4.5 miles from downtown Honolulu, and across the street from Kapiolani Park and the Honolulu Zoo.
Rooftop deck with view
A 10th-floor sundeck provides scenic views of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, and Waikiki Beach. An outdoor pool is on site, and guests are steps away from ocean swimming, restaurants, entertainment and shops.
All 50 individually owned, smoke-free, vacation-rental studios at the ten-story Waikiki Grand Hotel are equipped with microwaves, coffeemakers, and refrigerators. Some units include kitchenettes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- This property is undergoing renovations from 1 April 2013 to 1 October 2014 (completion date subject to change).Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel Amenities
The 180-unit structure was built in 1963, and two elevators lead to a modern, L-shaped rooftop sundeck with views of Diamond Head, Kapiolani Park, and Waikiki Beach. An outdoor pool is also located on site.
Luggage carts are available to guests. Coin-operated laundry facilities and a television are in the basement. The front desk staff assist with copying, faxing, and activities.
The Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel complex is adjacent to a fast-food restaurant, and an alternative bar on the second floor has an ATM machine, complimentary wireless Internet access, and a high-speed Internet computer (surcharge). The shops, restaurants, and entertainment of Waikiki are steps away.
- Total number of rooms - 50
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built 1963
- Number of floors - 10
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Designated smoking areas
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
Available in some public areas: Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
Teddy's Bigger Burgers - Fast food. Open daily from 10 AM to 9 PM.
Hula's Bar and Lei Stand - Beach bar by day and popular hot spot at night. Caters to gay men. Located on second floor of the hotel with views of Queen's Surf Beach. Restaurant is open Thursday - Monday evenings, serving pub fare.
A spacious tenth-floor sundeck with lounge chairs wraps around the building and offers splendid views of the ocean, Diamond Head, and Waikiki. A gay bar on the second floor is open from late afternoon until early morning and offers complimentary wireless and fee-based high-speed Internet access.
Secluded from Waikiki traffic, the hotel is across from Kapiolani park, which has tennis courts, jogging paths, the Honolulu Zoo, and the Waikiki Aquarium. A half-block away, a stretch of Waikiki Beach has a breakwater, which creates calm swimming conditions. Waikiki Beach offers all other sand and surf activities. A 24-hour fitness center is three blocks away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
Castle Waikiki Grand Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 17 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.