So, here are a few things:
1. The hotel is OLD. I have been staying here since I was a kid - 25 years ago! It looks old, the furnishings are old, and the rooms have a very strong moldy and musty smell. There is a key card they leave in a slot to make sure that you don't turn the AC off, it helps. Given the humidity of Singapore, it can't be helped. But I've stayed in many other hotels in Singapore and the smell hasn't been an issue.
2. The gym is decent, albeit small
3. I had a club room - the club is nice and well furnished. The staff is AMAZING. You can't beat the staff in this hotel.
4. Location: the location is close to things on Orchard road, without it being too close to Orchard Towers. For those of you who have been to Singapore and stayed at the Hilton across the street from Orchard tower, you know what I mean. There is good shopping and local eating nearby - two blocks away. The hotel feels quiet and serene. However, I would stay at the Four Seasons around the corner, its nicer and newer.
5. Overall, if it wasn't for the amazing deals on Expedia, I would skip this hotel. It's not worth 200 bucks a night. It is also very far away from the business district. Its a 15-20 minute cab ride in traffic and the ride costs 25-30 Sing Dollars.
Traveller from New York
Regent Singapore - A Four Seasons Hotel is just steps from Orchard Blvd, Singapore’s premier shopping and entertainment …More
This was our first trip to Singapore, of the 450 hotels in the City, we searched the web and decided on Orchard Parade, Hotel becuase it was close by the shopping paradise of Orchard Rd, it was resonable in price and the reviews were good. We were not dissapointed, even though the Aircon on the 3rd night started to leak, the staff quickly upgraded us to a balcont suite, and helped us with the move. We were delighted with the service, the breakfast service and variety of food. The service was excellent, the account was accurate and quickly organised. The staff at the desk, in the lobby and around the rooms were helpful, courteous and smiling. Thanks for a great week.
Located on Orchard Road, a prime shopping, restaurant and entertainment belt, this 17-story hotel is one km (less than a …More
Close to shopping areas, but need 20mins walk to the station.
The room is comfortable, yet the floor was not cleaned everyday. My stay was 5 days, they did vaccum cleaning on the 3rd day only.
The choices were not many for the breakfast. The food was good indeed.
Traveller from HK
Located in the heart of Singapore, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Mount Elizabeth Medical Center and Orchard Road …More
My wife and I used to visit this hotel over 30 years ago so it was initially a shock to find that the front entry has totally changed and that it is now qa shopping mall on the first 4 floors.
Lucky for us the hotel is still of a high standard, the room was comfortable and clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is next door to a major Japanese store with a food court that is excellent for eating at. The only issue is that the food court only opens at 10:00AM so an early start is not possible but the food is worth the wait.
The hotel is within a short walk to the Singapore MRT at Orchard Road and also the Shaw Centre IMAX and cinema complex, across the road is Lucky Plaza which is one of the older shopping centres in Singapore but still worth a visit.
We used to frequently visit this hotel over 30 years ago so it was initially a shock to find that the front entry has totally changed and that it is now all shopping.
Fortunately the hotel is still of a high standard, the room was comfortable and clean and the staff friendly. The wifi works well with no complaints. The hotel is next door to a major Japanese store with a food court that is excellent for eating at. The only issue is that the food court only opens at 10:00AM so an early start is not possible but the food is worth the wait.
The hotel is within a short walk to the Singapore MRT at Orchard Road and also the Shaw Centre IMAX, across the road is Lucky Plaza which is one of the older shopping centres in Singapore.
This family-friendly Singapore hotel is located in a shopping district, within 1 mi (2 km) of Takashimaya Shopping Centre …More
No other place rivals Orchard Road for its concentration of trendy and upscale shopping centers. Ngee Ann City has everything under one roof, from designer labels and street wear, to jewelry and fast food. Paragon has a string of high-end boutiques and fine eateries, while Hereen and Far East Plaza cater to young crowds. Don’t miss Tangs, Wisma Atria, and Centrepoint for multi-brand shops.