Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, Lake View
Standard Room, Lakeside
Luxury, family-friendly Orlando resort with golf and spa
This hotel made the exclusive Expedia© Insiders' Select™ list, which includes only the very best hotels and resorts on Expedia, as rated by our hundreds of thousands of customers and our in-house experts.
Expedia Insiders' Select methodology:
Expedia Hotel Expert input
Expedia Insiders' Select score
Near theme parks
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes is a 500-acre lakefront resort, located 2 miles from SeaWorld, 3 miles from the convention center, and 9 miles from Universal Studios Orlando.
Golf, spa, pools
Guest amenities at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes include an 18-hole golf course, full-service spa, lap pools, tennis courts, 11 dining options, and WiFi access for a fee.
Flat-screen TVs, iPod® docking stations
All 582 guestrooms have step-out, furnished balconies; marble baths; minibars; iPod® docking stations; bathrobes; flat-screen cable TV; and high-speed Internet (surcharge).
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 5 January 2014 to 19 January 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Guests will have access to the following alternate facilities during the renovation:
- Swimming pool
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Outdoor pool
This hotel, set on 500 acres, is surrounded by lakes and an 18-hole, Greg Norman-designed golf course. The course is home to the optional Caddie Concierge program where caddies supply traditional caddy services and serve as hosts for the resort.
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando includes a 40,000-square-foot (3,716-square-meter) day spa that offers massage, hydrotherapy, facials, body treatments, a lap pool, and a beauty salon. The spa also has a fitness center, providing exercise machines, free weights, and classes.
Afternoon tea, including Peter Rabbit tea for children, is available in the lobby lounge. Over 147,000 square feet (13,657 square meters) of flexible meeting space with banquet facilities and outdoor function space are available together with 3 ballrooms on the lobby level. In addition, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando features 10,000 square feet (929 square meters) of foyer space and 46 meeting rooms. Wired Internet access in limited common areas is free. Complimentary scheduled transportation is provided to Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios Orlando, all within 9 miles (14.5 kilometers) of the resort. Valet and self parking are available for a fee.
This hotel offers 24-hour room service, allows small pets, and has a smoke-free policy.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 14
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Express check-in
- Arcade/game room
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 582
- Laundry facilities
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 147,800
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 13731
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 46
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Beauty services
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Television in lobby
- Translation services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Furnished balcony
- Complimentary newspaper
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
The Vineyard Grill - Indoor and outdoor dining is offered at this restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast is buffet or à la carte. Lunch includes entrée salads, sandwiches, chicken, and fish. Steaks are the dinner specialty, with offerings such as prime rib and filets. Sunday brunch.
NORMAN'S - Fine-dining restaurant. Chef favorites include Crispy Shrimp, Key West Yellowtail, and lobster. Dinner only.
Fairways Pub - Offering a panoramic view of the 18th fairway, this restaurant/bar located at the golf clubhouse serves steaks, sandwiches, salads, and seafood. Open mid-morning till dusk. Lunch only.
The Lobby Lounge - Great views of the outdoor pool. Open late morning till midnight. Cocktails, light appetizers, and afternoon tea, including Peter Rabbit tea for youngsters.
Blue - Poolside restaurant and bar serving lunch daily. Open late morning until dusk (weather permitting).
Vitale - Located in The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Vitale offers healthy choices for lunch, including smoothies, salads, and power drinks.
This resort offers an 18-hole, par-72, Greg Norman-designed golf course. An outdoor pool, spa tub, children's pool, jogging path, and three lighted tennis courts are also on-site. A fitness center is located in the day spa and includes machines, free weights, and classes. Eco-tours and fishing are available on site.
Guests also enjoy complimentary access to the large lazy river pool located at the neighboring JW Marriott. Accessible via walkways, the popular pool winds under waterfalls and through caves.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Golf - driving range on site
- Golfing on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Number of treatment rooms 40
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Nutrition consultation in spa
- Spa boutique
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
Caters to couples
Caters to groups
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 19 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 18 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 250 per room, per stay
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- Additional Details
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
Book a stay in a Reconnect Package rate category and receive breakfast for two and a resort credit of $25 per night. Guests must book the "Reconnect Package" rate category to qualify. Breakfast is for two persons per room daily; must be taken at on-site restaurant; does not include room service. Credit is per night and for use at on-site facilities. Unused credit will not be refunded.