Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds
Executive Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Park View
Landmark Ottawa hotel across from Confederation Park
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Situated amid Elgin Street's restaurants and nightlife and 1 block from Rideau Canal, the landmark Lord Elgin Hotel is within 4 blocks of Parliament House and the Ottawa Congress Centre.
Indoor pool, sauna
Guests can swim laps in the pool, relax in the spa tub and sauna, or work out in the fitness center. An on-site bistro with outdoor patio serves all meals and also provides in-room dining.
Rooms display Biedermeier-style furniture, tall picture windows with richly toned treatments, and baths with granite countertops. All have high-speed Internet access and pay movies.
This downtown Ottawa hotel enjoys an enviable location on bustling Elgin Street, surrounded by restaurants and nightlife and across the street from the National Arts Centre. Constructed in 1941 in the style of a French chateau, Lord Elgin Hotel offers many modern-day amenities including a bar/lounge, a sidewalk bistro serving Mediterranean cuisine, a Starbucks, and a 24-hour business center with two workstations and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Free wireless Internet access is also provided.
Onsite recreation is provided in a lap pool, spa tub, a sauna, and fitness center. The hotel also houses over 43,000 square feet (4000 square meters) of meeting space and offers valet parking for a fee.
Lord Elgin Hotel is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for violations.
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1170
- Free Wi-Fi
- Year Built 1941
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 13000
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 355
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 11
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Laundry facilities
- Room service
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Spa tub
- Coffee shop or café
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Free local calls
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Window opens
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Soundproofed rooms
Grill 41 - Features a sidewalk patio overlooking Confederation Park. Mediterranean and North American cuisine. Extensive wine list and private dining room. A breakfast buffet with hot items, plus lunch, and dinner are served daily.
Starbucks - Full-service outlet with seating. Open from early morning until early evening.
Room service - Available from early morning until late evening.
Lord Elgin guests have complimentary use of an indoor lap pool, spa tub, sauna, and fitness center. Workout equipment includes treadmills, a stationary bike, an elliptical trainer, a strength-training machine, and free weights.
Seasonal festivals are held across the street in Confederate Park. One block away, Rideau Canal is a popular spot for winter ice skating and summer jogging and cycling. Seasonal boat tours are also offered on the canal.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Government-issued photo ID required at check-in.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 25, Pet maximum weight in lb is 50
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: CAD 28 per day (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: CAD 75 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 15 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.