Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Double Room, 2 Double Beds, City View
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, City View
Downtown Phoenix hotel, near convention center
Opened in 1928 as the first fully air-conditioned high-rise hotel in the Southwest, this downtown Phoenix hotel once played host to Hollywood's and Phoenix's elite.
Sundeck with pool
Guests at Hotel San Carlos walk to numerous downtown attractions (all within 5 blocks) sun/swim on a third-floor deck, enjoy a meal in one of two hotel restaurants, and relax in the elegant lobby.
Hotel San Carlos - Downtown Convention Center is a 7-story Phoenix hotel offering 128 guestrooms with high ceilings, antique-style furnishings, brocades, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
The Hotel San Carlos, located in downtown Phoenix and within 5 blocks of numerous attractions, features 2 restaurants--Bistro 202 and the Ghost Lounge--and several street-front shops, including a men's apparel shop, barber shop, a shoe-shine/shoe repair shop, and a gift shop. The hotel offers 24-hour fitness facilities and 2 meeting rooms totaling 1,300 square feet. A sundeck with pool on the third floor allows guests to bask in the Phoenix sun or go for a swim. Valet parking (surcharge) and self parking are available (surcharge).
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Audiovisual equipment
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Total number of rooms - 129
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 7
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Year Built 1928
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1300
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 121
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Daily housekeeping
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
Bistro 202 serves breakfast and lunch, while the Ghost Lounge offers dinner and a bar featuring an evening Happy Hour.
On a third-floor sundeck with cushioned chairs and lounges, a 33-by-20-foot heated freeform pool provides year-round swimming. Potted plants and globe streetlights grace the deck.
The Ghost Lounge features dinner and a haunted mansion show on Friday and Saturday night (upon request and subject to availability). On Monday nights, the Ghost Lounge offers swing dancing.
Hotel San Carlos - Downtown Convention Center offers a discount day-pass at a 24-hour health club across the street that includes an indoor swimming pool, racquetball and squash courts, outdoor tennis courts, and exercise classes such as spinning, yoga, and aerobics.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Swimming on site
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 12 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day
- Additional Details
This is a smoke-free hotel.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.