Availability: Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts
Please enter your travel dates.
Montavista Terrace Room
Phoenix hotel, 3 miles from Scottsdale
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
This hotel made the exclusive Expedia© Insiders' Select™ list, which includes only the very best hotels and resorts on Expedia, as rated by our hundreds of thousands of customers and our in-house experts.
Expedia Insiders' Select methodology:
Expedia Hotel Expert input
Expedia Insiders' Select score
Scottsdale: 3 miles
The Royal Palms Resort and Spa is a residential hotel within 3 miles of Biltmore, downtown Scottsdale, and the Scottsdale and Biltmore fashion parks. Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright's Arizona home, is within 15 miles.
Spa on site
This Mediterranean-style hotel is lushly landscaped with palms, cacti, citrus trees, and flowering shrubs. The on-site Alvadora Spa offers body and beauty treatments.
Deep, vibrant colors
Guestrooms contain desks and leather chairs with ottomans. Decorated with deep, vibrant colors and bold patterns, guestrooms at this Phoenix hotel also include beds with upholstered headboards.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts Amenities
Guests enter Royal Palms Resort and Spa through mahogany and iron double doors. This Mediterranean-style property is lushly landscaped with palms, cacti, citrus trees, and flowering shrubs. It is also intimate; the staff includes a Director of Romance. The Alvadora Spa is a two-level, open-air facility, which includes a Watsu pool with an eight-foot grotto waterfall, ten treatment areas, and a spa menu with treatments like Royal Body Polish, Orange Blossom Body Buff, and beauty treatments.
Guests can dine at this Phoenix hotel's elegant main restaurant, have a snack at the poolside café, or relax in the lounge by the courtyard. Room service is available 24 hours a day. In addition to a 24-hour health club with private classes, the property includes an outdoor pool, a sauna, and a steam room.
The resort includes 20,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting spaces; some feature antique furniture and stone fireplaces. The hotel can also provide audiovisual equipment, event catering, and exhibit space. Wired and wireless Internet access are available for a fee.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 2
- Total number of rooms - 119
- Free valet parking
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Pool sun loungers
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Secure parking (surcharge), Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom phone
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- CD player
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Turndown service (on request)
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
T. Cook's - Elegant restaurant with Spanish colonial-style architecture, earth tones, vaulted ceilings, and panoramic views. Mediterranean cuisine with seasonal and fire-roasted dishes. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
T. Cook's Lounge - Decorated with cherry wood and hand-painted Italian frescoes. Located off the resort's courtyard.
Cabana Café - Poolside restaurant serving salads, sandwiches, and drinks.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Spa boutique
- Courtyard view from spa
- Garden view from spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
Early departure fee charged
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 30 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pool access
- Spa access (may be limited)
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room coffee
- Concierge/valet service
- Lending library access
- Housekeeping/cleaning fees/gratuities
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 15 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per room, per stay (maximum USD 150.00 per stay)
- Pet deposit: USD 300 per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Royal Palms Resort and Spa - Destination Hotels & Resorts is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.