Availability: Protea Hotel Hilton
Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Twin Room - Room Only
- Two Twin Beds
Universal Access Twin Room - Room Only
- Two Twin Beds
Universal Access King - Stay 2 Nights, Save 10%
- One King Bed
Superior Room, 1 King Bed - Room Only
- One King Bed
4-star Victorian hotel in Pietermaritzburg with 2 outdoor swimming pools
Situated near the airport, in Pietermaritzburg, this hotel is in the same area as Howick Golf Club, National Botanical Gardens, and Howick Public Falls. Regional attractions also include City Hall and Voortrekker Museum.
In addition to 2 outdoor swimming pools, Protea Hotel Hilton features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a conference center.
LCD televisions include satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature deep soaking bathtubs, complimentary wireless Internet access, and premium bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Hilton Amenities
Protea Hotel Hilton features 2 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a children's pool. The hotel offers a restaurant and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of technology support staff, audiovisual equipment, and small meeting rooms. Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and a ballroom. This Victorian hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and a garden. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Onsite parking is complimentary. A total renovation of this property was completed in February 2011.
Protea Hotel Hilton is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 97
- Number of floors - 2
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Internet point
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Technology support staff
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Laundry facilities
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Free parking
- Free guest parking during stay
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Pool cabanas (complimentary)
- Pool sun loungers
- Free long-term parking
- Conference center
- Outdoor tennis court
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 5
- Tennis on site
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Swimming pool - children's
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Free parking, Free long-term parking, Free guest parking during stay
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Ceiling fan
- Access via exterior corridors
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Sewing kit
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Welcome amenities
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Mountain view
- Courtyard view
- Garden view
- Pool view
- Down blanket
- Free movie channels
- LCD TV
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Ellington - This restaurant is located by the pool. A children's menu is available. Afternoon tea is offered.
Dinner is available from room service (during limited hours).
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool. Other recreational amenities include an outdoor tennis court.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
- Tennis on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Protea Hotel Hilton Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 0.1 percent tourism fee will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 155.00 for adults and ZAR 75.00 for children (approximately)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.