Please enter your travel dates.
Downtown Portland boutique hotel with art gallery
This hotel made the exclusive Expedia© Insiders' Select™ list, which includes only the very best hotels and resorts on Expedia, as rated by our hundreds of thousands of customers and our in-house experts.
Expedia Insiders' Select methodology:
Expedia Hotel Expert input
Expedia Insiders' Select score
6 blocks of shops
The Hotel Monaco Portland - a Kimpton Hotel is within 6 blocks of shopping centers, theaters, museums, and the Westside Riverwalk.
Focus on local art
Hotel Monaco displays a large collection of paintings by local artists; during hosted evening wine receptions, guests are supplied with paint, paintbrushes, and easels.
Complimentary yoga kits are available, and yoga instructions play on room TVs. Lounge in leopard-print robes while enjoying the free WiFi and iPod docking stations.
This 10-story boutique Portland hotel is located in a 1912 building that formerly housed a department store. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the lobby has soaring ceilings and tall windows, a marble fireplace topped with a grand antique mirror, and plenty of comfortable seating areas with couches and armchairs.
The Hotel Monaco Portland - a Kimpton Hotel offers complimentary newspapers, coffee, and tea in the lobby every morning, and a hosted wine hour every evening by the fireplace. During the wine hour, guests are supplied with paint, paintbrushes, and canvas and encouraged to create works of art. Masterpieces entered in the hotel's monthly contest may some day hang on the hotel's lobby walls, alongside works by local and national artists.
The hotel has a business center, conference rooms, a 24-hour fitness center, and a Dosha day spa. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
This property is pet-friendly.
- Spa services on site
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Valet parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Hair salon
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Shoe shine
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 221
- Number of floors - 10
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 743
- Exhibit space
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Health club
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 10
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 8000
- Security guard
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Premium TV channels
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Flat-panel TV
- Private bathroom
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- City view
Red Star Tavern and Roast House - Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Red Star is located adjacent to the hotel and is accessible from the lobby. Menu items are cooked in a brick wood-burning oven, smoker, or rotisserie grill. Specialties include regional American cuisine and classic cocktails. The restaurant also provides the hotel's 24-hour room service.
The hotel has a 24-hour fitness room and provides yoga baskets with mat, block, and strap on request. Free yoga instruction is available on the in-house TV channel. The hotel also offers discount passes to a fitness club 5 blocks from the hotel. Additional recreational activities are available on the riverfront and in city parks within 1 mile of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
In-room spa services are available from the hotel's Relax & Rejuvenate line. Guests may also enjoy the on-site full-service spa, Dosha, located at lobby level.
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests” section of “Trip Preferences” when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.