Book your room at Sentinel, a Provenance Hotel
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric, Northwest-style in downtown Portland
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this hotel is 4 blocks from Pioneer Place Mall and Pioneer Courthouse Square and 7 blocks from the Performing Arts Center.
A Northwest landmark
Sentinel offers modern conveniences amid historical ambiance, and was renovated in March 2014. Amenities include a Starbucks Late Night Coffee Shop and wireless Internet access in the lobby.
The east wing of Sentinel houses 72 nonsmoking guestrooms. The west wing houses 28 rooms showcasing an eclectic design mixed with old and new, and found and made items.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sentinel is one block from the MAX light rail and four blocks from Pioneer Place Mall. The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is seven blocks away. Banquet/meeting space totals 22,000 square feet and includes 9 meeting rooms. Jake's Grill is also on site, located in the hotel's east wing. Guests can enjoy a drink at the hotel's onsite bar, Jackknife.
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Number of floors - 6
- Year Built 1909
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space size (meters) - 1980
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Conference center
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 22000
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- MP3 docking station
- iPod docking station
- Private bathroom
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Jake's Grill - Downtown restaurant located off hotel lobby. Brass-and-mahogany bar; carved wood columns; old photos; mounted wild game. "Dome Room" features eight-foot stained-glass dome. American Grill cuisine includes seafood, steaks, and specialty desserts. Room service available 24 hours. Open daily.
Jackknife - Reinvented lobby bar with happy hour.
Starbucks - Accessible through lobby. Coffee, lattes, other beverages, and snacks served.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this Portland hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Valet parking fee: USD 39.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 45 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per day
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.