Deluxe Room, 1 Queen Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
Suite, 1 King Bed (Parlor Suite)
Historic, Northwest-style in downtown Portland
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this hotel is 4 blocks from Pioneer Place Mall and Pioneer Courthouse Square and 7 blocks from the Performing Arts Center.
A Northwest landmark
Sentinel offers modern conveniences amid historical ambiance. Amenities include a Starbucks Late Night Coffee Shop and wireless Internet access in the lobby.
The east wing of Sentinel houses 72 nonsmoking guestrooms. The west wing houses 28 rooms showcasing antique-style furniture and reproductions of the Lewis and Clark expedition.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sentinel is one block from the MAX light rail and four blocks from Pioneer Place Mall. The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is seven blocks away. Banquet/meeting space totals 14,000 square feet. Jakes Bar & Grill is also on site, located in the hotel's east wing.
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Room service (24 hours)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1909
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Smoke-free property
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe
- Private bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi
Jake's Grill - Downtown restaurant located off hotel lobby. Brass-and-mahogany bar; carved wood columns; old photos; mounted wild game. "Dome Room" features eight-foot stained-glass dome. American Grill cuisine includes seafood, steaks, and specialty desserts. Room service available 24 hours. Open daily.
Starbucks - Accessible through lobby. Coffee, lattes, other beverages, and snacks served.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this Portland hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fishing nearby
Sentinel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 36 per day
- Pet fee: USD 45 per stay
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.