Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Double Room Single Use - Room Only
- One Double Bed
Deluxe Double Room Single Use - Free Beach access(Jun-Sep) & Health club
- One Double Bed
Superior Double Room Single Use - Free Beach access(Jun-Sep) & Health club
Classic Room - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Luxury spa hotel offering panoramic sea views
Views of the coast and Rapallo Marina
The Excelsior Palace Hotel lies on the Portofino Coast, 1 km (0.5 mi) from Rapallo castles and ruins, 7 km (4 mi) from Portofino, 30 km (19 mi) from Genoa, and 70 km (43 mi) from Cinque Terre.
The Excelsior Palace Hotel features an outdoor infinity pool, a heated indoor pool, and a health club. The hotel offers a spa, 2 restaurants, 2 bars, and free WiFi in common areas.
129 guestrooms feature stupendous views looking down on the sea and pillow menus. High-definition LCD TVs have satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms offer robes and slippers.
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 1 October to 31 May:
A 5-star hotel on the Portofino Coast, the Excelsior Palace Hotel offers dramatic sea views and a private beach with direct access from the property. The hotel features the Beach Club (open from June to September free of charge for clients who book the bed & breakfast basis with use of 2 sun beds, 2 beach towels, and 1 beach umbrella per room) with infinity pool and solarium terraces. The health club and fitness center (open from June to September free of charge for clients who book the bed & breakfast basis) includes a heated indoor pool and sauna, Turkish bath, and spa tub. An extensive selection of body and beauty treatments using Phytomer marine products is available at the Beauty & Wellness Club. WiFi access is complimentary in common areas.
Ristorante Lord Byron serves fine Ligurian cuisine year-round, and the Eden Roc provides terrace dining in summer. A daily breakfast buffet is available. The Yachting Bar and the Sporting Bar offer drinks and appetizers. A whole floor is dedicated to event facilities, and a business center is included. Free parking available at property only during stay. The hotel also has garage parking and a train station pick-up service, both available for a surcharge.
- Marina on site
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Free parking (limited spaces)
- Conference center
- Free guest parking during stay
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Exhibit space
- Free parking
- Parking nearby
- Self parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Concierge services
- Internet point
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Private beach nearby
- Full-service health spa
- Steam room
- Health club
- Room service (limited hours)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 7
- Beauty services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1901
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Free Wi-Fi
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Total number of rooms - 129
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Poolside bar
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 6997
- Snack bar/deli
- Private beach - direct access
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Street parking (metered)
- Beach towels
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Half board rates available
- Full board rates available
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Valet parking
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 650
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 9
- Secretarial services
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking, Street parking (metered), Valet parking, Garage parking (surcharge), Free parking (limited spaces), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Window opens
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Air conditioning
- In-room massage available
- Turndown service
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
Ristorante Lord Byron - Traditional Ligurian and modern cuisine for lunch and dinner. Terrace seating available. A breakfast buffet featuring regional and low-calorie dishes is available each morning 7-10:30 AM.
Eden Roc Lounge & Restaurant - Seaside terrace Restaurant focusing on regional seafood dishes. Open seasonally from noon until midnight for lunch and dinner. A restricted à la carte menu may be served during the afternoon and live music may play after dinner.
Sporting Bar - Light fare and drinks with ocean and pool views. May not offer all meals daily. Reservations required in summer.
Yachting Bar - Serves breakfast, afternoon tea, and happy hour. All meals may not be served daily.
Room service - Available during limited hours.
The Excelsior Palace Hotel's Beach Club (open from June to September from 2 PM on the arrival day to noon on departure day, free of charge only for clients who book the bed & breakfast basis, including 2 sunbeds, 2 beach towels & a beach umbrella per room) offers an outdoor infinity pool, solarium terraces, two Jacuzzi tubs, floating pool at the sea, and a gazebo for massages (surcharge). The Health Club (open all year round and free of charge only for guests who book the B&B basis) offers a heated indoor pool, a sauna, a Turkish bath, a spa tub and a fitness room with Technogym brand machines. Personal training sessions, spinning courses, and individual instruction in pilates and stretching are available (surcharge).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Ziplining nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
The Excelsior Palace Hotel Beauty & Wellness Club is a full-service spa, with 5 massage treatment rooms, offering an extensive menu of body and beauty treatments for men and women (surcharges apply). Treatments can be chosen à la carte or as part of programs lasting up to 6 days. A spa café and spa tub are available. At the Beach Club, an open air gazebo on the terrace is open for massages. Advanced reservations are required for all spa services, so plan ahead.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Spa café
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Nutrition consultation in spa
- Ocean view from spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Cribs are available free of charge for children up to 3 years old.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 8
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to couples
Caters to families
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fitness facilitiesThe above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 5.50 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: EUR 5.50 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per pet, per day
- Babysitting/childcare fee: EUR 15 per hour, per child (ages 1 to 17 years old)
- Facilities fee: EUR 50 per person, per day and includes use of:
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.