Please enter your travel dates.
Dominican Republic resort with casino and spa
This huge east coast destination resort fronted by 400 yards of Bávaro's powdery, nearly white beach offers day-and-night activities for energetic families, couples, and singles.
The All Inclusive resort features a children's pool, two lagoon-style pools, a flying trapeze, a rock-climbing tower, a health spa, and a casino.
Rooms with balconies
Tropical-decor guestrooms include balconies, compact refrigerators, and CD players. Rooms are available only in the All Inclusive Plan. See the room description section for details.
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Food and beverages
- All buffet and à la carte meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (some restrictions)
Activities and facilities/equipment
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Table tennis
- Game room
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old in air-conditioned indoor facilities
- Arts and crafts
- Pool activities
- Access to onsite clubs
- Onsite live performances
- Scuba-diving certification
An air-conditioned casino open nightly at Barceló Punta Cana offers slot machines, keno, blackjack, roulette, and 3-card poker. A health-and-beauty spa provides massages, body treatments, facials, and hair and nail care and contains men's and women's saunas (surcharges for all services). A spacious fitness center includes cardio and weight machines as well as free weights.
As part of the All Inclusive Plan, children ages 4-12 enjoy supervised activities in an air-conditioned clubhouse. Daytime adult activities include dance lessons and various games and athletic competitions. After-dark activities center on a theater, where entertainment-and-activities staff present nightly shows preceded by children's dancing. The resort has a disco for adults and a game room containing televisions, pool tables, darts, and table tennis. Several restaurants are onsite, or guests can enjoy room service.
An Internet center contains 11 computers with high-speed Internet access (surcharges). Shops sell jewelry, cigars, resortwear, beachwear, and gifts. Local arts and crafts vendors set up tables twice weekly in a courtyard. The resort has an ATM machine in the lobby. Additionally, round-trip airport transfers can be arranged for a surcharge.
Guests will enjoy the crystal clear waters of the Dominican Republic, whether through the views from the hotel or while relaxing under hotel-supplied beach umbrellas and on chaise loungers.
- Number of restaurants - 7
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Room service
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Swimming pool - children's
- Full-service health spa
- Spa tub
- Concierge desk
- Fitness facilities
- Free parking
- Secure parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 798
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 4
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Tour assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Beauty services
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free self parking
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Secure parking, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Premium TV channels
- CD player
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Buffet Alcazar - Open-air restaurant featuring Moorish arches, brick walls. Breakfast and lunch buffets and themed dinner buffets daily.
Paris - Air-conditioned à la carte dinner restaurant with dark-colored wood trim, blue-and-white table linens, blue-glass charger plates serving multi-course French meals, with starter choices such as crêpes with roasted vegetables and onion soup, salad, and main courses such as chicken with Camembert sauce, salmon with lemon sauce, beef medallions with red-wine sauce. Dress code: Long pants (no jeans), collared shirts, and closed-toe shoes for men.
Roma - Air-conditioned à la carte dinner restaurant with wood columns, café curtains serving multi-course Italian meals comprising antipasti, soup and salad choices, pasta choices, and main courses such as saltimbocca, crèpes stuffed with ham and cheese; grouper in pesto. Dress code: Long pants (no jeans), collared shirts, and closed-toe shoes for men.
Tokio - Air-conditioned à la carte dinner restaurant with brick walls, four 24-person teppanyaki tables. Dress code: Long pants (no jeans), collared shirts, and closed-toe shoes for men.
El Mirador - Serving Tex-Mex and a full dinner menu. Light à la carte dishes are offered between noon and 3 PM.
A lagoon-style pool featuring a swim-up bar sprawls through Barcelo Punta Cana's center and includes one section with a beach entry for children. Children also enjoy their own 15-meter-long (50-foot-long) freeform pool. Three six-person spa tubs with ocean views are situated on a raised wooden deck.
The resort's 400-yard beach frontage includes thatched shades and palm trees, and the sand extends 55 meters (60 yards) deep, providing ample sunbathing space even when the resort is fully occupied. Use of snorkeling gear, kayaks, windsurfers, sailboats, boogie boards, and beach towels is part of the All Inclusive Plan.
Water sports available (surcharges) include parasailing, snorkeling, fishing, wakeboarding, tubing, and waterskiing. The All Inclusive Plan covers introductory scuba-diving instruction in the pool. Beginner's and certification diving classes are available for surcharges, as are wreck, reef, and night dives. At a resort next door, a different beachfront watersports center offers kite surfing and rental speedboats.
Barcelo's land sports feature clinics on a trapeze and circus trampoline, rock climbing on a 10.5-meter (35-foot) artificial tower, tennis on two lighted courts, beach volleyball, and table tennis.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the resort; fees may apply.
- Kayaking on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Table tennis on site
- Beach volleyball on site
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Motor boating nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Volleyball on site
- Water skiing on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Swimming on site
- Playground on site
- Sailing on site
- Aerobics on site
- Basketball on site
- Fishing on site
- Horse riding/rental on site
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 20 (for 2 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: USD 20 (for 2 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 10 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD 12 per hour (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 15 per person (roundtrip)
- Early check-in fee: USD 10
- Late check-out fee: USD 10
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.