Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont Two Double Beds - Christmas Special!
Fairmont One King or One Queen - Christmas Special!
Deluxe Old City view - Christmas Special!
Fairmont Gold - Christmas Special!
Historic resort hotel overlooking Old Quebec
Bounded by shops and restaurants, this grand hotel is situated on a bluff with views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City's Old Town, near the Gare Fluviale de Québec, and one block from a historical 19th-century fortress.
Wireless Internet in public spaces complements gilded architectural embellishments at the 18-story Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, constructed in 1893.
Unique configurations prevail in the Fairmont's 613 guestrooms, which offer antique-style furnishings, bathrobes, and premium amenities and bedding.
Renovations & Closures
- The property is renovating until 30 June 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- One of the dining venues
- Select guestrooms
The Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, a heritage urban resort, is among the signature architectural structures in Quebec City.
A city within a city, this stylish Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac offers its guests a wide variety of business and recreational amenities, such as wireless Internet access (surcharge) in public spaces, and a 48-foot (14.6-meter) indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and children's wading pool.
Other highlights include a business center, sauna, hair salon, 4 restaurants, and concierge services. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, 2 exercise bikes, 2 treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
The Payot Institute spa offers massages; facial and body treatments, including wraps; and manicures and pedicures. The attentive staff employs high service standards.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - children's
- Spa services on site
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Total number of rooms - 613
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 18
- Translation services
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Tour assistance
- Medical assistance available
- Beauty services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Ski storage
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Ski shuttle (surcharge)
- Technology support staff
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1893
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
- City view
- River view
- Courtyard view
Le Café de la Terrasse - Breakfast (buffet and à la carte), lunch, and dinner daily in this casual dining lounge located alongside the riverwalk and featuring views of the St. Lawrence River. Traditional provincial cuisine focusing on local flavors and ingredients is offered as well as more contemporary international favorites.
Starbucks - Light meals, including pastries, sandwiches, soups, and salads, are offered from early morning to sunset in this casual café on the promenade level of the hotel.
This Quebec hotel offers its guests extensive recreational opportunities, including a 48-foot indoor pool in an atrium complex that also features a spa tub and a children's wading pool. The fitness center has an elliptical-type trainer, two exercise bikes, two treadmills, free weights, exercise balls, and strength-training equipment.
Guests can enjoy the on-site toboggan run. An outdoor ice rink, open in winter, is within walking distance. It is also possible to cross-country ski on the Plains of Abraham, an expansive park located less than a mile from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Toboggan run on site
- Swimming on site
Relax and unwind at the hotel's Payot Institute spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: CAD 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 32 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 35 per night
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 50 per day
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 50 per day
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is listed in the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.