Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional Single Room, 1 Queen Bed
- One Queen Bed
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Deluxe Double Room, 2 Queen Beds
- Two Queen Beds
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
4-star golf hotel in Chapel Hill near University of North Carolina
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Situated in the city center, this golf hotel is close to University of North Carolina, Kenan Stadium, and Morehead Planetarium. Also nearby are UNC Medical Center and Dean Smith Center.
In addition to a restaurant, The Carolina Inn - Destination Hotels & Resorts features a 24-hour fitness facility. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Flat-screen televisions include premium digital channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, a technology helpdesk, and audiovisual equipment.
Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. Event facilities measuring 14000 square feet (1260 square meters) include conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. This eco-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness facility, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. A complimentary area shuttle within 5 mi is available for guests. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in May 2013.
The Carolina Inn - Destination Hotels & Resorts is a smoke-free property.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Total number of rooms - 185
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Audiovisual equipment
- Parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1924
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1260
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 14000
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Technology helpdesk
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Free local calls
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Welcome amenities
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cordless phone
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Courtyard view
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Carolina Crossroads - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Running track/path on site
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 14 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 14 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.