Please enter your travel dates.
Beachfront resort in the Riviera Maya rainforest
Located 12 miles from Playa del Carmen, this Mayan Riviera resort shares 123 acres of rainforest and 1.12 miles od white-sand beach with 3 companion resorts, to which guests have full privileges.
Included in Barcelo Maya Tropical's room rate are all meals, poolside snacks, and domestic beverages, as well as a disco, salsa lessons, use of aqua bikes and pedal boats, miniature golf, and a kids club.
Balcony or patio
Barcelo Maya Tropical All Inclusive guestrooms have furnished balconies or patios, TVs with U.S. channels, and minibars that are replenished daily with complimentary bottled water, sodas, and beer.
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- Buffet and à la carte meals, snacks, and beverages included
- Meals and beverages at companion properties
- Dining availability limited at one or more venues
- Limited gourmet or à la carte dining
Activities and facilities/equipment
- Fitness facilities
- Miniature golf
- Table tennis
- Water aerobics
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Arts and crafts
- Beach activities
- Access to onsite clubs
- Onsite live performances
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Offsite tours
The majority of amenities, activities, and gratuities at this resort are included in the room rate; guests will not be charged extra for the majority of amenities and activities (scroll up to the All-Inclusive Details section for more information).
Within 21 km (12 mi) of Xcaret and Playa del Carmen, Barceló Maya Tropical Beach All Inclusive shares 500,000 square meters (123 acres) of rainforest and approximately 2 km (1 mi) of white-sand beach with three companion resorts, to which guests have privileges.
The Barcelo Maya Tropical All Inclusive and its companion resort, the Barcelo Maya Colonia All Inclusive, have direct beach access and share three outdoor pools, one with a swim-up bar, and all with spa tubs. In addition to a kids club, the resort has a children's pool with a slide.
Numerous land and water activities include 18-hole miniature golf, seven lighted tennis courts, and use of pedal boats and aqua bikes. Nightly entertainment features a local orchestra, theater productions such as Moulin Rouge, and complimentary entrance to the disco. Dining is in buffet-style or specialty restaurants (surcharges).
- 24-hour front desk
- Arcade/game room
- Total number of rooms - 478
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 3
- Tennis on site
- Number of restaurants - 8
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Shopping on site
- Pool table
- Tour assistance
- Health club
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Airport transportation
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Babysitting or childcare
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 929
- Beach umbrellas
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Security guard
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Beauty services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Swim-up bar
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Exhibit space
- Full-service health spa
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Children's club
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Secure parking
- Free self parking
- Free valet parking
- Room service (24 hours)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 8
- Year Built 2006
- Free guest parking during stay
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 9999
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Translation services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Secure parking, Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- CD player
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Voice mail
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Down blanket
- Ocean view
- Garden view
- Pool view
The majority of meals and beverages, plus all gratuities, at the following restaurants, snack spots, and bars are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive Details section for more information).
Barceló Maya Tropical Beach All Inclusive guests have dining privileges at all four Barceló Maya Beach Resort complex restaurants:
- Guests staying one and two nights may dine at buffet restaurants only.
- Guests staying three nights receive one ticket per room to any à la carte restaurant in the resort complex.
- Guests staying four to six nights receive two tickets per room to any à la carte restaurant in the resort complex.
- Guests staying seven to nine nights receive four tickets per room to any à la carte restaurant in the resort complex. All Barceló Maya Beach Resort complex à la carte restaurants require reservations and maintain a dress code (long pants for men, closed-toe shoes, no beachwear).
Buffet Restaurant Tropical - Buffets with international cuisine. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Capri - À la carte Italian cuisine for dinner. Reservations recommended.
Santa Fe - À la carte steakhouse for dinner. Reservations recommended.
The majority of recreational activities and facilities described below are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive details section for more information).
The Barceló Maya Tropical Beach All Inclusive and its companion resort, the Barcelo Maya Colonia All Inclusive, have direct beach access and share three outdoor pools, one with a swim-up bar, and all with spa tubs. A children's pool includes a slide. Ages 4–12 also have use of a kids club with scheduled activities, arts and crafts, and contests.
Extensive on-site recreational opportunities include tennis on seven lighted courts, basketball on two lighted courts, 18-hole miniature golf, beach volleyball, and archery. Windsurfers, aqua bikes, pedal boats, and kayaks are among the included water sports. Guests also have access to saunas, steam rooms, and a fitness center with treadmills, stationary bikes, strength-training machines, and free weights. Personal watercraft, bicycles, scuba diving, horse riding, and organized excursions are available for additional surcharges.
Designed by Robert Von Hagge, the 18-hole Playacar Golf Club is 21 km (23 mi) from the resort, and is open to the public (surcharge).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near this Riviera Maya hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Dock nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Bird watching on site
- Fishing on site
- Golf - miniature on site
- Motor boating on site
- Parasailing on site
- Playground on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 12 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD 3 (for 15 minutes, rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.