Please enter your travel dates.
Romantic adults-only resort on Riviera Maya beach
Dotted with curtained cabanas, this resort along Kantenah Beach on the Riviera Maya is a 25-minute drive south of the nightlife at Playa del Carmen and 25 minutes north of the ancient ruins at Tulum.
All meals, snacks, and beverages, plus all on-site nonmotorized water sports, and access to evening entertainment such as the Fire Show, are included in El Dorado Seaside's room rate.
All suites at this El Dorado resort offer four-poster beds draped in curtains, and feature pillowtop mattresses; jetted tubs are large enough for two; and balconies or terraces afford water or resort views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (all beverages included)
- Limited gourmet or à la carte dining
- Surcharges for premium or imported alcoholic beverages and bottled liquor
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Water aerobics
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Onsite live performances
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Premium food items
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
- Transportation to offsite activities
This adults-only resort is on secluded Kantenah Beach in the heart of Mexico's Riviera Maya, about midway between Playa del Carmen to the north and Tulum to the south. The pristine beaches and intimate grounds invite romance and create an enchanting atmosphere, perfect for celebrating couples or those looking for a romantic getaway.
Curtained beach beds lining the resort's sandy shores allow couples to enjoy a picnic lunch overlooking the cool Caribbean waters or a peaceful evening sipping champagne under the stars.
Although all beaches in Mexico are public, access to the beach fronting this resort is usually limited to guests. One 500-meter (546-yard) stretch is rocky and separated from the resort grounds by a low rock wall, but another 1-kilometer (0.5-mile) section is white sand and swimmable. The resort's rock pier allows guests to walk out over the clear green water.
With à la carte gourmet service in all six restaurants, the resort ensures that guests do not have to wait in buffet lines. Choices include Italian, Mexican, and Asian. On Sundays, local fishers come by with fresh catches; guests choose their fish, which chefs cook up for lunch.
The menu at the spa includes lymphatic massage, grape juice hydrotherapy, and chocolate body treatments (surcharges for all spa and beauty products, services, and treatments). One treatment room is set up for couples, and massages can be done under a palapa on the beach.
Two lobby computers provide high-speed Internet access (surcharge) and staff members can help with faxes and other business services. Staff can also help arrange weddings on the beach or in a gazebo, as well as private, candle-lit dinners on the beach. Personalized concierge service is also available.
- Free guest parking during stay
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Spa tub
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Concierge desk
- Free parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Event catering
- Business services
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Beauty services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 282
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking
- Picnic area
- Room service (24 hours)
- Self parking
- Video library
- Health club
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of restaurants - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 22
- Spa services on site
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Jetted bathtub
- Bathroom phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Window opens
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
Smoking is not allowed in restaurants.
Vida Garden Grill Restaurant - Offers Latin fusion cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Two glass walls look out over gardens and pathways. Enjoy the colorful presentations, full of flavor and creativity along with an extensive Margarita menu. The atmosphere is beautiful and relaxing. Breakfast: 7 AM - 10.30 AM. Lunch: 12.30 PM - 2.30 PM. Dinner: 5.30 PM - 10 PM. Includes a bar.
Dress code required - Dress shorts or pants, Shirt with sleeves, dress shoes or sandals (no tennis shoes or beach sandals).
- French toast orange honey, strawberries with saffron and brown sugar cinnamon
- Mahi Mahi Ceviche Acapulco style, marinated with lime served by avocado, tomato, cilantro, cucumber, onion, and Serrano chili
- Cold hot tuna cubes served with tamarind and Meco chili sweet and sour sauce, with alfalfa sprouts and lime
Mia Casa - Open for dinner a la carte from 5:30 PM to 10 PM. Dress code required: Dress shorts or pants, Shirt with sleeves, dress shoes or sandals (no tennis shoes or beach sandals). Enjoy both indoor, air-conditioned dining as well as al fresco seating.
- Prawns Marie Rose, green salad and a touch of balsamic vinegar
- Fillet of Sole Livornese style with olives and capers
- Roast Lamb in nut sauce with mashed potatoe and green salad
- Parmesan style rissotto
Arrecifes Restaurant - Offers international gourmet cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Dress code required: Dress shorts or pants, Shirt with sleeves, dress shoes or sandals (no tennis shoes or beach sandals).
Arrecifes Swim-Up Pool Bar - Offers a variety of drinks.
La Carreta Restaurant - Features gourmet Mexican cuisine for dinner with à la carte menu items from 5:30 AM to 10 PM. Dress code: semi-formal, dress shorts or pants, shirts with sleeves, any shoes except beach sandals and tennis shoes. La Carreta Restaurant serves a variety of items such as enchiladas with cheese and sour cream, turkey breast braised in Oaxaca mole sauce with Mexican rice, and beef tenderloin tampiquena-style with seven side orders. La Carreta Restaurant is teamed with the bar, La Cantina, a tequila bar inside the restaurant that opens nightly with a selection of international brands and its popular margaritas. Dinner reservations required. Dress code: semi-formal, dress shorts or pants, shirt with sleeves, any shoes except beach sandals and tennis shoes. La Cantina is open from 5:30 PM to 10 PM.
Klay Talay Restaurant - This second-story restaurant with view of the pool and beach serves Asian dishes.
Settings are from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. Dress code required: Dress shorts or pants, Shirt with sleeves, dress shoes or sandals (no tennis shoes or beach sandals).
- Angus beef tenderloin with chestnuts in teriyaki sauce
- Lamb marinated in honey and soy sauce with spinach Pekin sauce
- Tempura ice cream
- Kiwis and chocolate black tea.
Includes Klay Talay Bar for pre-dinner drinks. Dinner only. Dress code: semi-formal, dress shorts or pants, shirt with sleeves, any shoes except beach sandals and tennis shoes.
Sandwicherie - A la carte specials such as warm vegetable salads with fresh cheese, rosemary and olive oil, chapata sandwiches with rosemary-perfumed leg of lamb, mint mayonnaise and tomato confit, and seafood pizzas with squid, shrimp, and sea scalloops are served in this open-air terrace. Continental breakfast is served between 6 AM and 10 AM, and lunch is served from 11 AM to 6 PM.
Las Guacamayas Bar - Serves Mexican beers, cocktails, and aged Tequila. Features bar swings and tropical music. Located next to Los Arrecifes. Open from morning until the early morning hours.
Guacamayas Lounge - Offers drinks while guests recline on lounge cabanas and enjoy the sea view. Open from late evening.
Bar Los Cotorros - Poolside bar, outfitted with swings and open from mid-morning until late night.
Colibri Swim-Up Bar - Located next to villa 35, this pool-side bar offers a variety of drinks from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Gaviota Swim-up Bar and Lounge - This swim-up bar and lounge is located in the heart of the hotel where one can enjoy the sounds of the waterfall as well as singing birds. Open from 10 AM to 6 PM. The resort has two additional swim-up bars, Arrecifes and Colibri, both are open from mid-morning.
Room service is available 24 hours a day (some restrictions during rainy weather).
Guests can take part in a variety of activities such as: towel deco, tequila tasting, painting classes, and dance classes such as merengue, salsa, and bachata.
Lessons offered include: sailing, fishing, scuba diving, golf, and tennis lessons, all for a fee.
Sports activities offered include: beach and pool volleyball, water polo, beach soccer, tennis, golf (for a fee), windsurfing, kayaking, diving (for a fee), four-wheel-bike tour (for a fee), deep-sea fishing (for a fee), and motorized water sports (for a fee).
A la carte activities include: table games, darts, and segway rentals (for a fee).
Romantic activities include: tandem-bike rentals, horseback riding (for a fee), couples massages (for a fee), and outdoor dinner under the stars (for a fee).
Guests enjoy use of three freshwater swimming pools and gear for nonmotorized water sports including kayaks. The beach and pier invites long strolls. An on-site dive center can arrange snorkeling trips along with scuba-diving courses, certification, and trips (surcharges for all). A small fitness center provides treadmills, stationary bicycles, strength-training machines, and free weights. The daily activities program includes stretching sessions, bocce ball, and volleyball. Rackets and balls can be borrowed at the front desk for use on the hard-surface tennis court.
Golfers can arrange tee times at Puerto Aventuras Golf Club 9 kilometers (5.5 miles) away (surcharges for golf fees, equipment rentals, transportation).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Kayaking on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Fishing nearby
El Dorado Seaside Suites by Karisma features a full-service spa. Guests can choose from a variety of massages, including Swedish, Shiatsu, and reflexology. The spa also offers deep-cleansing facials, milk baths, thermal mud massages, and exfoliating body scrubs. The spa experience is rounded out by a beauty salon that provides manicures and pedicures.
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to couples
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: USD 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: USD 40
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Travellife Gold, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.
Complimentary Honeymoon and Anniversary Promotion
Book a minimum 3-night stay in a "Junior Suite Swim up Jacuzzi" room category starting June 15, 2011 for travel anytime and receive the following:
- Private romantic candle light dinner on the beach for the couple
- Chilled bottle of domestic sparkling wine delivered to couple's room upon arrival
- Couples half-hour massage lesson
- Tropical floral arrangement in room
- Guaranteed king-size bed
- Special in-room towel arrangement daily
- Bathrobes for use during stay