Please enter your travel dates.
Luxury Riviera Maya beachside resort with 13 pools
Heart of Mayan Riviera
Located in the heart of the Mayan Riviera on over a mile of private, unspoiled beach, this romantic adults-only resort is built into 450 acres of tropical jungle and surrounded by hundreds of palm trees.
Catering to couples who seek an enchanting, romantic getaway, El Dorado Royal By Karisma All Inclusive features 11 gourmet dining options, 14 bars, 24-hour room service, 13 swimming pools, daily excursions, and exciting nightlife.
Suites with jetted tubs
Guest suites at El Dorado Royal By Karisma All Inclusive feature balconies or terraces with hammocks, jetted tubs, bathrobes, and minibars with soft drinks, beer, and water. Casita suites offer roofless showers and plunge pools.
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- 24-hour room service
- In-room minibar (all beverages included)
- Surcharges for bottled wine and bottled liquor
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Table tennis
- Arts and crafts
- Onsite live performances
- Shuttle service to offsite activities
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Offsite tours
Featuring gourmet cuisine, designer decor, a range of concierge services, 13 pools, and even its own wedding chapel, this adults-only resort caters to couples seeking a romantic vacation.
Among the spa services offered at El Dorado Royal By Karisma All Inclusive are beachside, open-air massages, hydromassage, facials and Thalassotherapy baths. The resort also offers access to a health-and-beauty spa with women's and men's saunas and steam rooms and a fitness center containing cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights.(Surcharges for all health and beauty services.)
Romantic candle light dinners are available from 6 PM to 10 PM (surcharge); special wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages are also offered (surcharge). Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Computers with high-speed Internet access (surcharges) are located in the main building.
- Beach sun loungers
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Full-service health spa
- Steam room
- Concierge desk
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free parking
- Self parking
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 639
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Beauty services
- Currency exchange
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Rooftop terrace
- One meeting/conference room
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Business center
- On private beach
- Private beach - direct access
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach towels
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 10764
- Banquet facilities
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Free breakfast
- Event catering
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Grocery store
- Lazy river
- Number of outdoor pools - 13
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Media library
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Valet parking
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1000
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Number of restaurants - 11
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Video library
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Self parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Jetted bathtub
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
El Cocotal - Air-conditioned restaurant with copper-colored water-wall, marble floor, stained-glass panel, fresh flowers, table linens. Continental breakfast available from 6:30 AM to 7 AM., international a la carte breakfast from 7 AM to 11 AM and gourmet a la carte dinner from 5:30 PM to 10 PM. Candles at dinner. No dinner reservations required. Dinner dress code: Long pants or dress shorts for men. No beach sandals or sleeveless shirts.
Sample Caribbean dinner menu for El Cocotal
- Grilled shrimp on spicy-cilantro spaghetti with pineapple relish
- Grilled-vegetable cannelloni with roasted-tomato sauce
- Cream of lobster with sweet-lemon oil
- Beef consommé with vegetables, Barolo
- Mixed lettuce with papaya-honey dressing
- Spinach with mango, coconut, jicama, citrus-basil dressing
- Beef tenderloin with mashed bourbon sweet potatoes
- Plantain-stuffed chicken breast with mustard sauce
- Poached salmon on sautéed spinach with Béarnaise sauce
- Roasted pork loin with three beans, tropical fruits
- Pineapple-coconut strudel with white, dark chocolates
Sample dinner menu for La Isla
- Black mussels in wine, garlic, pesto
- Grilled smoked provolone with apple
- Antipasti plate
- Shrimp gratin
- Salmon cakes
- French onion
- Mediterranean with goat cheese
- Chicken Florentine
- Asian-flavored beef kabobs
- Pork loin with Italian chicken sausage
- Herb-garlic rib-eye steak
- Baked mahi mahi
- Shrimp with mushrooms, capers, tomatoes
- Almond tart with Bailey's ice cream and blueberry coulis
- Chocolate mousse with caramel
- Napoleon with mascarpone and raspberries
D'Italia - Air-conditioned, non-smoking, fine-dining à la carte dinner restaurant with additional terrace seating, suede-fabric chairs, white linens, marble floor, sheer taupe curtains. Italian cuisine with Italian wine list. Open for gourmet dinner a la carte from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. No reservations required. Dress code: Long pants for men. No beach sandals or sleeveless shirts.
Sample menu for D'Italia
- Pear with Parmesan, balsamic vinaigrette
- Marinated mushrooms with focaccia croutons
- Breasola with pink grapefruit
- Marinated salmon
- Swordfish carpaccio
- Scallops with brandy "stravecchio" and Parmesan
- Prosciutto with cantaloupe
- Spicy seafood
- Cream of crab
- Cream of asparagus
- Arugula with walnuts, Gorgonzola
- Caprese with buffalo mozzarella
- Mixed greens with Parmesan spears
- Porcini risotto
- Shrimp-zucchini risotto
- Penne with black-truffle sauce
- Tagliatelle with shrimp, pesto
- Prosciutto-porcini ravioli
- Vegetable lasagna
- Beef braised in Barolo
- Grilled rack of lamb with mint sauce
- Pork saltimbocca
- Shrimp with potato tower
- Beef tenderloin with white-truffle essence
- Salmon with fried parsley
- Vanilla ice cream with hot-strawberry sauce
- Apple strudel with vanilla cream
- Blueberry Bavarian cream with mango sauce
Kampai - Second-floor seating in open-air à la carte dinner restaurant with thatched roof. Smoking and non-smoking sections. Asian cuisine. Open for breakfast from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM, lunch from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM and for gourmet dinner from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Dress code: Long pants or dress shorts for men. No beach sandals or sleeveless shirts. No reservations required.
Sample menu for Kampai
- Thai shrimp cakes
- Chicken satay and spring rolls
- Chinese barbecued pork ribs
- Battered shrimp stuffed with cream cheese
- Gyoza with tonkatsu sauce
- Rice noodles with crab
- Spicy shrimp
- Shrimp, chicken, shitake
- California maki
- Banana-crab maki
- Tuna maki
- Smoked-salmon maki
- Avocado maki
- Thai chicken curry
- Beef tenderloin in oyster sauce
- Sweet-sour pork, chicken, shrimp
- Roasted duck or chicken in sweet soy, ginger
- Deep-fried grouper in soybean sauce
- Tempura ice cream
- Coffee gelatin with coconut ice cream
- Chocolate sushi
- Apple fritters with honey-rum glaze
Jo Jo's - Open-air beachfront restaurant under thatched roof. À la carte lunches and Caribbean-cuisine dinners. Salad bar, burgers, quesadillas, and other light foods for lunch. Serving lunch and dinner from 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM. Dress code: Long pants or dress shorts for men. No beach sandals or sleeveless shirts. No reservations required.
Sample dinner menu for Jo Jo's
- Mahi Mahi cakes with pineapple chutney
- Lobster quesadilla with mango-serrano sauce
- Seafood fritters with sweet-sour tomato relish
- Smoked salmon with plantain chips
- Roasted-chicken consommé
- Caribbean salad platter
- Lettuce with bacon, fried nuts, honey-mustard dressing
- Jamaican coconut-fried plantain
- Tomato and avocado
- Roasted red snapper in coconut-plantain curry
- Grilled chicken breast with mashed sweet potatoes
- Vegetarian casserole
- Pepper Pot stew with shrimp, chicken, vegetables
- Jamaican jerked pork
- Curried coconut shrimp
- Beef tenderloin with mango chutney
- Glazed salmon with sautéed spinach
- Passionfruit soufflé
- Belgian-chocolate mousse with caramelized hazelnuts
- White chocolate-Grand Marnier marquise
Las Fuentes Restaurant - Culinary theatre and lounge. Air-conditioned, nonsmoking restaurant that serves à la carte Mexican cuisine for breakfast and dinner. Food prepared in one of five open kitchens. Lounge on site. Breakfast from 7 AM to 11 AM. Dinner from 6 PM to 10 PM. No reservations required.
Sample menu for Las Fuentes Restaurant
- Lobster quesadillas
- Beef tostadas
- Seafood enchilada
- Fried cheese with mushrooms
- Chicken, chorizo, beef with guacamole
- Cuitlacoche cream with corn-bean-cheese balls
- Chicken broth with rice, avocado, chickpeas
- Caribbean seafood
- Smoked salmon with avocado mousse
- Seafood ceviche salad
- Spinach salad with avocado, bacon, chipotle oil
- Spicy-shrimp Caesar salad
- Beef tenderloin stuffed with cheese, chorizo, mushrooms
- Beef burrito
- Baby back ribs
- Chicken in mole
- Roasted duck with tequila sauce
- Beef or chicken fajitas
- Rosemary-scented shrimp kabobs
- Cactus polenta with onions, leeks
- Lemon "symphony" with mango sauce
- Pastel de tres leches
- Dark-white chocolate mousse with Rompope
La Fondue Restaurant - Serving gourmet fondues for dinner each evening. Wine list available. Nonsmoking. Dinner from 5:30 PM to 10 PM.
La Cabana Pizzeria - Open from Noon to 5 PM Wood burning oven pizzas served to order as well as a selection of Angus burgers, small plates and Mexican "botana" dishes.
Healthy Corner - Open from 8 AM to 4 PM Serving fresh fruits, whole-wheat sandwiches, and smoothies.
Rincon Mexicano - Authentic Mexican delicacies. Open from Noon to 5 PM
Bar Las Guacamayas - Open-air bar/lounge under thatched roof featuring rope swings. Located next to open-air theater. Bar Las Guacamays is open from 5 PM to 2 AM.
Lobby Bar - Sea-view bar/lounge serving premium-brand liquor. Lobby Bar is open from Noon to 2 AM.
Bar Los Cotorros - Health-food bar near salt-water pool serving smoothies, juices, fresh fruit, whole-wheat cookies. Open early morning to late afternoon.
Swim-up Bar La Isla - Located at main pool, La Isla is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Tucanes - Located between lobby and La Isla restaurant. Shaded area with seating. Afternoon tea service. Tucanes is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Beach Bar - Beach Bar is open from 9 AM to 2 AM.
Swim-up Bar Los Pericos - Located in Casitas section, Los Pericos is open from 9 AM to 2 AM.
Swim-up Bar Colibri - Located in Casitas section, Colibri is open from 9 AM to 5 PM
Swim-up Bar Los Papagayos - Located in Casitas section, Los Papagayos is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Pelicanos - Located in Casitas section, Pelicanos is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Las Fuentes - Located at Las Fuentes Swimming Pool, Fuentes is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Colibri – Located at the Casita Suites Section 28, Colibri is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Quetzal – Located at the Casitas Suites Section 29, Quetzal is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Bar Faisanes – Located at the Casitas Suites Section 30, Faisanes is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Swim-up Albatros – Located at the Casitas Suites Section 31, Albatros is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Las Olas Corner - Serves salads, wraps, sandwiches, and smoothies. Located at Albatros bar in Casitas Suites Section 31.
Gaviotas Seashore Bar - Located in front of Kampai Restaurant, Gaviotas Seashore Bar, is open from 9 AM to 11 PM.
- Nightly entertainment, including music/dance shows
- Meditation/relaxation classes
- Tai chi classes
- Aerobics classes
- Cardio-machine classes
- Power walks
- Jungle walks
- Spanish lessons
- Dance lessons
- Silk design/painting lessons
- Arts and crafts painting
- Sports tournaments and contests
- Beach games
- Beach volleyball
The resort stretches along a mile long private white sandy beach on the Mexican Carribean. In addition to the Caribbean Sea, swimming options include a 30.5-by-15.25-meter (100-by-50-ft) saltwater pool.
Freshwater swimming is available in the other 12 on-site pools.
The resort provides snorkeling gear, pedal boats, and kayaks. An independent operator in the main pool provides introductory scuba-diving lessons, and the operator also offers scuba diving and snorkeling instruction and excursions for surcharges. Other recreational opportunities include two lighted tennis courts (racquets and balls provided) and bicycles.
Moon Palace golf course is 20 km (12.5 mi) from the resort, and Playacar golf course is 27 km (17 mi).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the resort; fees may apply.
- Motor boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Kayaking on site
- Running track/path on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa at El Dorado Royale features a wide variety of options, including massages, facials, special body treatments and couples massage class. Spa facilities include a sauna, steam room and fitness room.
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Caters to couples
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: MXN 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: MXN 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: MXN 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: MXN 10 per hour (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Complimentary Honeymoon and Anniversary Promotion
Book a minimum 3-night stay in a "Junior Suite Swim up Jacuzzi" room category starting June 15, 2011 for travel anytime and receive the following:
- Private romantic candle light dinner on the beach for the couple
- Chilled bottle of domestic sparkling wine delivered to couple's room upon arrival
- Couples half-hour massage lesson
- Guaranteed king-size bed
- Special in-room towel arrangement daily
- Bathrobes for use during stay