Availability: Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont room 2 Kids FreeMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Deluxe Casita Room 2 kids freeMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Signature Casita with 2 Kids FreeMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Fairmont roomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe Casita Room - Appetite for LuxuryMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Signature Casita Room - Appetite for LuxuryMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Signature Casita Suite 2 kids freeMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 3 children)
Signature Casita Suite - Appetite for LuxuryMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Luxury resort near Mexico's Playa del Carmen
Expedia Insiders' Select™ Winner 2014
This hotel is one of the few selected in Playa del Carmen to receive this exclusive award based on 1 million guest reviews submitted annually by Expedia travelers.
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Lush tropical setting
Located 8 km (5 mi) from Playa del Carmen on Mexico's Riviera Maya, the Fairmont Mayakoba has private beach access, and occupies 45 acres of lush tropical forest and mangroves, set alongside a network of water channels.
Infinity pools and spa
Fairmont Mayakoba features two infinity-edge pools and a vast main pool with a swim-up bar. Other attractions include a day spa, a variety of dining temptations, and an adjacent Greg Norman–designed golf course.
Spacious Fairmont guestrooms feature balconies or landscaped terraces facing the pools, forest, mangroves, or channels. Beds come with feather duvets; bathrooms have soaking tubs and separate showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Fairmont Mayakoba Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
Guests can book rooms at Fairmont Mayakoba for a rate that is either for the room only or for all-inclusive. All-inclusive rates are higher because they include onsite food and beverages in the room rate (some restrictions may apply).
The Fairmont Mayakoba is located on the Riviera Maya, approximately 68 km (42 mi) south of Cancún and just 8 km (5 mi) from Playa del Carmen. The resort occupies 45 acres nestled under the tropical forest canopy alongside a network of clear, mangrove-lined lagoons and channels.
The resort features seven restaurants and bars, a full-service business center, swimming pools, and private beach access. An on-site spa (surcharge) offers a wide range of treatments, many based on local Mayan traditions. The spa also has relaxation pools and a health club with cardio equipment, free weights, machine weights, and personal-training programs.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 401
- Number of floors - 3
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Grocery/convenience store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas
- Computer station
- Children's club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- On private beach
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 40000
- Direct access to private beach
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Conference center
- Conference space size (meters) - 3716.1
- Number of meeting rooms - 18
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Children's pool
- Swim-up bar
- Wedding services
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Number of restaurants - 4
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Complimentary newspaper
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Las Brisas Restaurant & Lounge Bar - Beachfront restaurant, with ocean views, serving à la carte breakfasts, light lunches, and a dinner menu highlighting seafood specialties. Indoor and outdoor dining. Resort-casual attire for breakfast and lunch; resort-elegant for dinner. Reservations required.
El Puerto Restaurant - Mexican and international cuisine served at restaurant overlooking the lagoon. Dinner menu includes fresh Caribbean lobster, shellfish platters, clams and oysters, crab legs, giant shrimp, and other seafood specialties. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Resort-casual attire.
La Laguna Grill & Bar - Casual poolside restaurant offering breakfast buffets, wood-fired pizzas, and Latino-Mexican cuisine with pre-Hispanic influences. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Resort casual.
Las Olas & Aqua Pool Bars - Poolside bars featuring margaritas and other tropical concoctions. Located by the main pool. Open throughout the day.
El Lobby Lounge - Afternoon tea, evening cocktails, and traditional Mexican snacks offered daily. Martinis and premium bar service from late morning to late night. Complimentary early-morning coffee and tea. Resort-casual during daytime. Resort elegant at afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
Café Maya - A poolside market café serving pastries, deli sandwiches, gourmet coffee, and ice cream. Also sells culinary souvenirs and supplies for guestroom minbars. Open throughout the day.
The Fairmont Mayakoba features a 10,000-square-foot main pool with swimup bar. The resort also has a private beach with cabanas and beach chairs. Complimentary bicycles, motorized golf carts, and lanchas (covered canal boats) are provided for getting around the resort's 45 acres.
Guests also have access to the El Camaleón Golf Course, designed by Greg Norman. Utilizing and complementing the natural landscape, the course features cenotes (underground caves), mangroves, and fairways that wind under the tropical forest canopy. A clubhouse, golf shop, putting and pitching green, and driving range are also on site.
The resort's health club (surcharge) offers cardio and weight equipment. Personal training and fitness classes can be arranged.
The hotel provides assistance with arranging tours to the area's Mayan ruins, ecological parks, and other attractions.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Ecotours on site
- Golf driving range on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Boat tours on site
- Number of treatment rooms 20
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Fairmont Mayakoba Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests traveling with pets must contact the resort after booking via this Web site and before arrival. The resort will send a confirmation.
Guests booking connecting rooms are advised to contact the hotel regarding availability and high-demand period fees using the information on the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Only dogs are allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Special policies:Guests traveling with pets must contact the resort after booking via this Web site and before arrival. The resort will send a confirmation.Guests booking connecting rooms are advised to contact the hotel regarding availability and high-demand period fees using the information on the booking confirmation.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 15 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pool access
- Shuttle service
- Concierge/valet service
- Housekeeping/cleaning fees/gratuities
- Additional inclusions
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for golf tee times, massage services, and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Rainforest Alliance, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Fairmont Mayakoba is listed in the 2014 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2014 Travel + Leisure 500.
Appetite for Luxury All Meals (Inclusive Plan)
Book a stay in an Appetite For Luxury All Meals room category and receive the following:
- Unlimited all-day meal service for 2 adults at La Laguna, Las Brisas, Lobby Lounge, and beach and pool service
- Unlimited all-day beverage service for 2 adults at La Laguna, Las Brisas, Lobby Lounge, 2 swim-up bars, and pool and beach service
- 2 children ages 18 and younger stay free when sharing a room with their parents
- Nature walks, bird watching, and boat tours
- Complimentary use of BMW bikes to tour the property
- 3 hours per day of supervised Kids Club activities for children ages 4-12
- Food and beverage gratuities
- Children ages 5 and younger eat for free when dining from the kids menu and accompanied by an adult (meal supplement applies for children ages 6-18)