Availability: Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa All Inclusive
All-Inclusive resort on Riviera Maya beach
This ecologically minded resort midway between Xcaret and Xel Há eco-parks shares facilities, restaurants, and a Riviera Maya beach with a companion resort.
5 outdoor pools including a freeform pool, a saltwater pool, a toddler pool, an adult pool, water sports, 14 restaurants, a disco, and 3 age-appropriate children's clubs are included in Grand Palladium's room rates.
Guestrooms and suites at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa have furnished balconies or terraces with views, ceiling fans and air conditioning, minibars replenished 3 times a day, cable plasma TVs, and iPod docks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa All Inclusive Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities are included.
Food and beverages
- All buffet and à la carte meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (some restrictions)
- Dining and beverage availability limited at one or more venues
- Surcharges for bottled wine and bottled liquor
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Miniature golf
- Water fitness
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Open from 9 AM until 11 PM
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Theme parties
- Airport transfers
- Use of golf equipment
- Golf green fees
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Tennis lessons
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Offsite tours
- Transportation to offsite activities
The facilities at this expansive resort include access to a white-sand beach, 5 outdoor pools, 6 outdoor tennis courts, onsite shopping, 3 children's clubs with age-appropriate indoor and outdoor activities and play areas, a coffee shop, 3 beach bars, a sports center, and a conference center.
A full-service health spa contains 16 air-conditioned rooms for massages, body treatments, and facials; as well as a salon for hair and nail care, waxing, hair braiding, and henna tattoos (surcharges for all services). The spa also includes women's and men's sections with saunas and steam rooms. An 8-person spa tub under a thatched roof lies within a walled garden outside each section. The spa's fitness center contains cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights. For surcharges, guests have access to a room containing 5 computers with high-speed Internet connection.
Additionally, this seaside resort is adjacent to an 18-hole golf course.
Shuttle vans and private cars of varying prices are available. They can be reserved during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel via this Web site and can be added to the total trip cost.
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 15
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Internet point
- Number of beach bars - 3
- Free guest parking during stay
- Year Built 2002
- Number of restaurants - 14
- Conference center
- Outdoor tennis courts 6
- Private beach - direct access
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Number of outdoor pools - 5
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swim-up bar
- Steam room
- Spa tub
- Full-service health spa
- Concierge desk
- Health club
- Valet parking
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free parking
- Self parking
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 422
- Multilingual staff
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Medical assistance available
- Beauty services
- Currency exchange
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Tennis on site
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Business center
- Wedding services
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Arcade/game room
- Pool table
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas
- Children's club
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Laundry facilities
- Poolside bar
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Plasma TV
- iPod docking station
- Private bathroom
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Sofa bed size
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Ceiling fan
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
Sumptuori - Glass-walled, air-conditioned, fine-dining, a la carte restaurant located in central dining area. Flanked by ponds with goldfish and fountains. Open for dinner only. Japanese cuisine. Includes teppanyaki tables, tatami area, sushi bar. Dress code: Long pants, sleeved shirts for men.
Sample menu for Sumptuori
- Sushi and sashimi
- Tempura vegetables, shrimp
- Chicken yakitori
- Spring rolls
- Spicy chicken wings
- Crab Rangoon
- Yellowfin tuna with ginger-coriander sauce
- Soy-bean paste
- Spicy shrimp broth
- Salmon in shitake vinaigrette
- Chicken teriyaki
- Prawns in spicy tamarind sauce
- Udon noodles with bacon, shrimp, beef
- Tempura ice cream
- Jellied fruits, cheese with Midori liqueur
- Bananas with ice cream
- Flaming nuts with lychees and ice
- Flaming ice ball with caramel sauce
- Chef's-choice dessert trolley
Il Vaticano - Glass-walled, air-conditioned, fine-dining, a la carte restaurant located on this resort's side of central dining area. Flanked by ponds with goldfish and fountains. Open for dinner only. Mediterranean cuisine. Dress code: Long pants, sleeved shirts for men.
Sample menu for Il Vaticano
- Mozzarella-tomato salad
- Beef or salmon carpaccio
- Duck with raspberry sauce
- Cream of salmon
- Create your own pasta
- Vegetarian pizza
- Pepperoni pizza
- Margherita pizza
- Beef fillet in portobello-mushroom sauce
- Grilled salmon with tarragon sauce
- Vegetable lasagne
- Fish with caper-prawn sauce
- Chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, prosciutto
- Prawns in Frangelico sauce with polenta
- Chocolate cake
- Cheesecake with strawberries
- Chef's-choice dessert trolley
El Dorado - Glass-walled, air-conditioned, fine-dining, a la carte restaurant located on Colonial side of central dining area. Flanked by ponds with goldfish and fountains. Open for dinner only. Steakhouse. Dress code: Long pants, sleeved shirts for men.
Sample menu for El Dorado
- Salad bar
- Beef-broccoli soup
- French onion soup
- Ribeye steak with mushroom sauce
- Flank steak arrachera style
- New York steak with grilled vegetables
- T-bone steak with onion rings
- Grilled chicken with chimichurri sauce
- Salmon steak with spinach
- Barbecued spare ribs
- Surf-and-turf skewer
- Chocolate brownies
- Apple pie
- Chef's-choice dessert trolley
La Adelita - Glass-walled, air-conditioned, fine-dining, a la carte restaurant located on Colonial side of resort's central dining area. Flanked by ponds with goldfish and fountains. Open for dinner only. Mexican cuisine. Dress code: Long pants, sleeved shirts for men.
Sample menu for La Adelita
- Tuna salad with avocado sauce
- Chicken salad with mango
- Crêpes with cuitlacoche and pumpkin
- Plain melted cheese with sausage or mushrooms
- Shrimp with lime
- Pork loin, chicken, sausage, and acuyo sauce
- Tortilla with chicken, chile sauce
- Grouper with Veracruz sauce
- Beef or chicken fajitias
- Shrimp with three-cheese sauce
- Chicken and goat with three sauces
- Grilled beef with cheese
- Puff pastry with rice, banana cream, nuts
- Chocolate cake
- Flaming bananas or strawberries
Tikal - Air-conditioned restaurant under thatched roof in central dining area. Open for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner.
La Hacienda - Air-conditioned restaurant under thatched roof on Colonial side of central dining area. Open for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner.
El Gran Azul - Centrally located open-air restaurant under thatched roof overlooking main pool. Open for late-morning Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea.
El Gran Azul Bar - Located in El Gran Azul open-air restaurant overlooking main pool. Open from mid-morning to after midnight.
Beach Bar - Located on beach near main pool. Open 24 hours for snack foods. Alcoholic beverages served early morning to late night.
Churchill Bar - Located in lobby on this side of resort's central area. Air-conditioned. Smoking permitted. Open early evening to midnight.
Hemingway Bar - Located in lobby on this side of resort's central area. Air-conditioned. Smoking not permitted. Open early evening to midnight. Reading room. Table games. International premium-brand liquor.
Disco Bar - Sunset Boulevard Discotheque bar located in Colonial lobby. Air-conditioned. Open late night to after midnight. Minimum age 18.
La Plaza - Located outside disco in Colonial lobby. Open mid-morning until disco opens at night.
Secret Bar - Located adjacent to adult pool on Colonial side of resort. Open mid-morning to midnight.
Spa Bar - Located adjacent to spa pool. Open mid-morning to early evening.
Swim-up Bar - Located in main pool. Open from mid-morning to early evening.
Bar Teatro - Located in resort's theater on Colonial side. Open late night.
Kantenah Lobby Bar - Open mid-morning to midnight.
Colonial Lobby Bar - Open mid-morning to midnight.
- Nightly entertainment, including music/dance shows, casino night, and karaoke
- Merengue and Salsa classes
- Aerobics & stretching classes
- Beer drinking contest
- Tennis tournament
- Pool tournament
- Treasure hunts
- Pool aerobics
- Beach volleyball
- Beach soccer
- Fishing (surcharge)
- Diving excursions and courses (surcharge)
A "natural" beach that includes plants, palms, and other trees continues 800 meters (875 yards) along the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Snorkeling opportunities among coral heads and rocks are available. Thatched-roof palapas provide beach shade in addition to trees.
The main swimming pool is freeform, measures approximately 400 meters (437 yards) in circumference, and features four round, jetted sections marked by pillars. Adjacent is an oblong 32-meter (35-yard) children's pool. Hedges and thatched-roof palapas help shade sundecks around the pool. Adjacent to the health spa on this side of the resort is a geometric pool measuring approximately 20 square meters (22 yards) including a jetted section marked by pillars. An identical pool reserved for adults (topless sunbathing permitted) lies on the resort's Colonial side.
Water-sports equipment includes snorkeling gear, catamarans, Hobie Cat sailboats, windsurfers, pedal boats, and boogie boards. An independent water-sports center provides an introductory scuba-diving lesson in the main pool and offers personal watercraft, scuba-diving instruction, and scuba-diving/snorkeling excursions for surcharges. Independent operators nearby sometimes offer parasailing for surcharges.
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa facilities include a miniature-golf course surrounded by jungle and 6 lighted tennis courts (surcharge for night tennis). The nearest golf facility is the 9-hole Puerto Aventuras course 10 km (6.25 miles) away.
Additional nightly entertainment includes music and dance shows, casino night, karaoke, beer drinking contests, Merengue and Salsa classes, treasure hunts, horse shoes, tennis tournaments, pool tournaments, aerobics classes, pool aerobics, and beach soccer. Segway rentals and tours are also available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near this Riviera Maya resort; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Beach volleyball on site
- Paddle boats (pedalos) on site
- Kite-surfing nearby
- Boat cruises nearby
- Segway rental/tour on site
- Running track/path on site
- Sports center on site
- Tennis on site
- Snow kiting (kite boarding) nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Volleyball on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Swimming on site
- Table tennis on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Aerobics on site
- Basketball on site
- Bird watching on site
- Fishing on site
- Golf - miniature on site
- Playground on site
Zentropia, the 7,000-square-metre full-service spa and fitness centre features an infinity pool, spa tub, and saunas with a garden view. Spa services and facilities are available for a surcharge, and include massages, facials, body scrubs and treatments, waxing, manicures and pedicures, hydro-massage, aromatherapy, and Balinese showers. Any of the 16 treatment rooms can be booked for couples or individual use, or guests can enjoy spa treatments outdoors or a massage on the beach.
Guests under age 18 are not permitted in the spa. All spa services require reservations.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Number of treatment rooms 16
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa All Inclusive Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Facilities fee: USD 10 per person, per day and includes use of:
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Bronze Benchmarked, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.