Book your room at Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive
Mexico resort with direct access to Xcaret eco-archeological park
Ocean fun takes place against a tropical forest backdrop at this all-inclusive resort on Mexico's Caribbean coast. The resort lies within 3 miles (5 kilometers) of Playa del Carmen. Cancún International Airport is 35 miles (56 kilometers) away. The resort has direct access to the eco-archeological Xcaret Park.
Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive welcomes singles, couples, and families. Room rates include food and drinks at 11 restaurants and 10 bars, as well as access to recreation facilities.
All Occidental hotel rooms have furnished balconies to enjoy tropical air and ocean or pool view. Each spacious room features contemporary dark-wood furniture and tile or marble floors, air conditioning, and ceiling fans.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- In-room minibar (some restrictions)
- Dining availability limited at one or more venues
- Surcharges for premium or imported alcoholic beverages
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Miniature golf
- Tennis lessons
- Supervised activities for children ages 12 years old and younger
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Onsite live performances
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Offsite tours
At your hotel
The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret captivates guests with spectacular grounds, and a pristine coastline. The resort boasts free-form pools and a private beach with powder-soft white sand on a quiet cove. The Occidental Grand Xcaret features 11 international restaurants and 10 bars to fit every mood and occasion, from a romantic dinner to a lively family meal.
The Occidental Grand Xcaret offers the breathtaking natural wonder of the eco-archeological Xcaret Park. The resort is part of the park, and guests will have direct access to all the natural wonders contained within it. Travelers with a taste for eco-touring and adventure can explore the remains of a Mayan village, snorkel through ancient caves and underwater gardens, swim with dolphins, or observe jaguars, butterflies, tropical birds and other indigenous species in their natural habitat.
Other hotel facilities include a spa complete with sauna, steam room, and spa tub with various kinds of massage and body and facial treatments available, a health center, a business center, and a children's activities center that includes a pool, and a playground. Water aerobics, dance lessons, beach volleyball, and bicycle tours are also available.
- Children's pool
- Outdoor pool
- Spa tub
- Health club
- Poolside bar
- Swim-up bar
- Supervised childcare/activities
- On private beach
- Laundry facilities
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Hair salon
- Babysitting or childcare
- Shopping on site
- Conference space
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multilingual staff
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 769
- Children's club
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Tennis on site
- Number of bars/lounges 10
- Wedding services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Rooftop terrace
- One meeting room
- Number of restaurants - 11
- Free self parking
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Park your car
Free self parking
In your room
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Ceiling fan
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary bottled water
- Designer toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Eat and drink
The majority of meals and beverages, plus all gratuities, at the following restaurants, snack spots, and bars are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive Details section for more information).
Sample menu for D'Oriental
Le Buffet - Located at the center of this all-inclusive resort, in the main complex. This large, high-ceilinged casual-dress restaurant serves international buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Sample menu for Sonora Grill
Sonora Grill - The Mexican state of Sonora is cattle country and this steakhouse celebrates the state with Western decor and grilled steaks, seafood, chicken, and pork. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
Los Olivos - In a relaxed ambience reminiscent of a seaside Mediterranean spot, Los Olivos serves Italian food. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
Sample menu for Los Olivos
La Hacienda - This colorful dinner house features Mexican specialties. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
Sample menu for La Hacienda
D'Oriental - Red walls, wood ceiling, hanging paper lamps, and a parasol create an Asian atmosphere for Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Indian food. Dinner only. Reservations and resort wear required.
El Pescador - This open-air, beachside restaurant shaded by an enormous palapa serves seafood. Reservations and resort wear required for dinner.
Sample menu for El Pescador
Pacos Tacos - Located on the dining arcade's upper level, this casual snack spot features light Mexican fare. Open-air terrace seating in the evening.
La Piazza - Adjacent to Pacos Tacos on the dining arcade's upper-level terrace, La Piazza serves antipastos, pizza, and desserts in the evenings. Casual dress. Reservations not required.
El Lago - This spot by the main pool in the resort's Flamenco lodging section features light lunches and snacks.
Kids Club - Features kid menu favorites.
Royal Club - Reserved for Royal Club guests only. Relaxed but elegant, this serves meals in an all-white setting of draped muslin and table linen. Air-conditioned and roofed by a palapa.
Lobby Bar - Open late morning to midnight.
Terraza Bar - Open late afternoon to late night.
La Bodeguita Bar - Open evenings only.
Pool Bars - In both Flamenco and Cangrejo areas. Open late morning through the afternoon.
The Hundido Bar - Flamenco area. Open late morning through the afternoon.
El Lago Bar - Located at the main pool. Open late morning through the afternoon.
Beach Club Bar - Open mid-morning through the afternoon.
Beach Bar - Open mid-morning through the afternoon.
Sport Bar - Open late afternoon until the wee hours of the morning.
Palenque Disco - Open from late evening.
The majority of recreational activities and facilities described below are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive details section for more information).
Non-stop activities at this resort cover a wide range of interests: stretching and jogging sessions, pool games, contests, tournaments, bingo, and tennis clinics. Guests also can take advantage of the resort's location by exploring the local area on ecological and cultural hikes as well as on bicycle tours.
Popular activities nearby include deep sea fishing for mahi mahi and blue marlin; scuba diving at Barracuda reef with a sunken ship, and snorkeling. Golf enthusiasts can take advantage of the 18-hole par 72 course designed by Robert Von Hagge, which is 10 km (6 miles) away. Hotel staff can help arrange local area activities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Miniature golf on site
- Playground on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Volleyball on site
The fine print for Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Travel change options for Occidental Hotel and Resort guests with reservations to destinations under a hurricane watch or warning:
Canceling reservation within 48 hours of departure: Guests can cancel without penalty and rebook a reservation if the airport is closed or flights are cancelled within 48 hours of travel. Reservations must be rebooked within 14 days of the original travel dates. Specific travel dates apply.
Guest departing early: Guests who choose to depart early will be credited for the unused nights, which may be applied towards a future stay at the same resort. Reservations for unused nights must be rebooked within 30 days after the storm. Specific travel dates and other restrictions apply.
Rebook the same hotel for a later date: The hotel will honor the original rate for guests who wish to postpone their vacation and travel at a later date. Reservations must be rebooked within 30 days after a storm. Specific travel dates and other restrictions apply.
Changing travel plans to the same brand at a different destination: Guests can choose a different destination that is not affected by the hurricane and transfer their reservation within the brand at the originally confirmed rate, subject to availability (except Grand Aruba). Other restrictions apply.
Guests must contact the hotel for specific booking and travel dates, using the information on the confirmation received after booking.
When you leave
Check-out time is Noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: MXN 26 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Unlimited Xcaret Experience
Book a stay in an Unlimited Xcaret Experience rate plan and receive the following:
- Unlimited and multi-entrance access to Xcaret Park
- Private guided tour of Xcaret Park facilities
- Reserved area at the Gran Tlachco Theater during Xcaret México Spectacular, a celebration of Mexican culture and history featuring more than 300 performers
- Guided, supervised visit to Xcaret for children enrolled in the hotel's Kids Club
- VIP check-in
- Unlimited reservations at specialty restaurants (subject to availability)
- Complimentary delivery of purchases made in any stores at Xcaret Park (to guestroom)
- 10% off meals and beverages at Xcaret Park
- 30% off a 90-minute Special Mayan massage
- 2 coupons (US$70 each) towards an upgrade to Royal Club category
- 2 coupons (US$50 each) for 2 green fees
- 4 coupons (US$35 each) for spa treatments
- 2 coupons (US$20 each) for a Romantic Dinner
- 3 coupons (US$10 each) for bottles of wine; 1 coupon cane be applied to each bottle
- 2 coupons (US$25 each) for purchases at a selection of Pueblo del Río Shops
- 2 coupons (US$35 each) for Xichén Clásico tour and 2 coupons (US$35) Ek-Balam/Ría Lagartos Tour; 1 coupon can be applied per person/tour
- 2 coupons (US$10) for Sea Trek, 2 coupons (US$10 each) for Sharks! Hands On Adventure, 2 coupons (US$10 each) for Stingrays Encounter, and 2 coupons (US$10 each) for Stingrays Sea Trek
- 2 coupons (US$10 each) towards 3-course Tlachco dinner during Xcaret México Spectacular show
- 2 coupons (US$10 each) towards Temascal, 2 coupons (US$10 each) towards Snorkeling Tour, 2 coupons (US$10 each) towards Snuba Family or Snuba Reef tour, and 2 coupons (US$10 each) towards wine tasting at Vino de México Wine Cellar; 1 coupon can be applied per person/tour