Availability: The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, Balcony, Garden View
Superior Room, Garden View, Balcony
Premium room, garden view,balcony
Beachfront resort, near Playa del Carmen
Near the Beach of Playa del Carmen
Located in Playa del Carmen, just a few steps away from the main street, the 5th Avenue, this resort is fronted by the beach and has preserved an ancient tropical forest at its center. A golf course is adjacent to the property.
Welcoming groups, couples, and families, The Reef Playacar includes meals, snacks, and drinks, use of two large pools, kids' club, fitness center, and parties and entertainment in the room rates.
Tropical forest views
Guestrooms at The Reef Playacar are in small villas connected by paths and tropical gardens. All rooms have balconies with forest views and Mexican-Caribbean decor with depictions of the Mayan sun.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- Number or type of beverages limited at one or more venues
- Surcharges for premium food items and bottled wine
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports, land activities, and use of recreational facilities and equipment are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Water aerobics
- Supervised activities for children between 4 and 12 years old
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Onsite live performances
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Motorized water sports
- Premium and/or non-domestic beverages
- Premium food items
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling excursions
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Wireless Internet access
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Offsite tours
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort offers a full slate of organized activities around the main pool and on the beach and provides sun loungers for the beach and pool as well as beach umbrellas and towels. The property hosts nightly music and dance shows in the La Jolla theater. Guests can enjoy such activities as waterpolo matches, beach volleyball, dancing classes, and Spanish lessons.
Spa facilities are situated in one of the resort's tropical gardens, offering a menu of spa and beauty treatments such as: anti-free radical wraps, pre-tanning treatments, body exfoliation, aromatherapy and sport massages, waxing, braiding, and nail care (surcharges for all services). Beachside massages can also be arranged. A fitness center includes cardio and weight equipment, and aerobics. Like all major Riviera Maya hotels, the resort is equipped with its own water-purification system.
High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available in limited public areas (surcharges apply).
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swim-up bar
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Marina on site
- Babysitting or childcare
- Multilingual staff
- Currency exchange
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free parking
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 202
- Children's club
- Beauty services
- Tour assistance
- Number of floors - 3
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Internet point
- Business center
- Shopping on site
- Hair salon
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Medical assistance available
- Audiovisual equipment
- Free self parking
- Free guest parking during stay
- Snack bar/deli
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5167
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 480
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Security guard
- Number of buildings/towers - 18
- Spa services on site
- Banquet facilities
- Coffee shop or café
- Television in lobby
- Event catering
- Health club
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Billiards or pool table
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Poolside bar
- Beach bar
- Swimming pool - children's
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wake-up calls
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Satellite TV service
- Individually furnished
- Garden view
Chula Vista - The resort's main restaurant features three buffet areas with international cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Offers a spectacular view of the Caribbean Sea.
Terraza Grill - Offers a great variety of gourmet dishes amidst a stylish décor with air conditioning and pool views. This restaurant is available only for Superior room reservations. This restaurant is not included for standard room reservations. No reservations required. No limitation on guest visits, dress code applies.
Botticelli - This à la carte, fine-dining restaurant with ocean views serves freshly prepared Italian dishes; air conditioning. No reservations are required; no limitations on guest visits; dress code applies.
Deli Snack Bar - Located in the pool area, close to the beach. Light meals such as pizzas, burgers, French fries, and chicken wings served from late morning until sunset; reopens for late-night service.
Ice Cream Parlor - In the midst of a natural cenote, guests enjoy any of a variety of coffees or freshly made ice creams.
La Cascada - Combines a relaxing lounge lobby bar with cozy sit-down bar and reception area.
Azul 48 - Swim-up bar with a tropical atmosphere.
La Chiquita Bar - Serves drinks until late afternoon and reopens for late night socializing.
Theatre Bar La Jolla - Open during nightly entertainment shows.
Bar Papo's - A popular evening entertainment area with international drinks, flat-screen TVs, and the sounds of live music.
Nico's Lounge Bar - Lounge bar on the beach serving premium drinks. Not included in all-inclusive rates.
Guests of The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort can stay busy with a full slate of activities including non-motorized water sports such as kayaking and windsurfing, land sports such as bicycling, and various games and contests. Kids have a chance to explore Mexican traditions through supervised activities such as traditional Mexican games and piñata time.
Staff can help arrange a variety of tours and excursions, as well as tee times at Golf Course Playacar, located across the street.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Fishing on site
- Kayaking on site
- Parasailing on site
- Playground on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Swimming on site
- Table tennis on site
- Volleyball on site
- Windsurfing on site
The on-site spa features garden views, and offers a variety treatments, including body wraps, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy and sport massages, waxing, braiding, and nail care. A spa tub is available, and beachside massages can also be arranged. Surcharges for all services.
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Garden view from spa
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Body scrubs
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
The Reef Playacar All Inclusive Beach Resort Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: MXN 125 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: MXN 65 (rates may vary)
- An in-room safe is available for an additional fee
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Kids Free Promotion
Book a stay in a Kids Free rate category now - October 31, 2014, for travel May 1 - October 31, 2014, and receive the following:
- Accommodations as selected
- Complimentary meals for up to 2 children under the age of 12