Please enter your travel dates.
Double or Twin Room, Jetted Tub
Historic Rome villa close to Gianicolo Park
Situated 300 metres from Gianicolo Park east of the city centre, this 19th-century villa sits on one of Rome's seven hills facing the ancient wall built by Emperor Aurelius above Trastevere.
The outdoor pool is open in the summer and is set in the Grand Hotel Gianicolo's classical Italian garden; poolside tables and chairs offer a place to relax and enjoy a drink or light meal.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature cherry wood furniture and dark green damask drapes and down bedspreads, and come with wireless Internet; louvered wooden shutters open to overlook the garden and pool.
The freeform outdoor swimming pool, 25 metres on the diagonal, gives guests a refreshing respite from the Roman heat during the summer months, and the poolside bar serves drinks and snacks. In the summer season guests can also lunch or dine in the garden beside the swimming pool.
Pool is open daily from May through September from 9 AM to 9 PM. Swimming cap is required.
The wood-paneled, marble-floored Casanova Bar opens mid-morning and serves drinks, sandwiches, and salads. Italian fare is served daily for lunch and dinner at Restaurant Alla corte dei conti, and the hotel provides a breakfast buffet.
Wireless internet access is complimentary throughout Grand Hotel Gianicolo, and conference rooms can accommodate up to 110 people and span 1001 square feet (93 square meters). The hotel can provide catering service, as well as coffee breaks, lunch, and dinner for meetings and events. Garage parking (surcharge) is available, as are secretarial services and childcare (surcharge).
- Free Wi-Fi
- Secretarial services
- Internet point
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1001
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 93
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Poolside bar
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (limited hours)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-in
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 3
- Business services
- Wedding services
- Free breakfast
- Event catering
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Garden view
- Bathtub or shower
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Handheld showerhead
- Sewing kit
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Window opens
- In-room safe
- Free Wi-Fi
Restaurant Alla corte dei conti - Located in the villa’s courtyard, the restaurant has preserved the original pavement and murals on the walls. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner daily, serves Italian dishes and wines, and has al fresco dining in summer.
Each morning a buffet breakfast is served on the terrace located on the 4th floor, boasting views of the city of Rome and the Vatican.
The hotel can arrange for rented scooters to be brought to the hotel. Gianicolo Park (300 metres away) and Villa Pamphili Park (one kilometre away), offer paths for walking and jogging.
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 11 years of age.
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 57 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 15.50 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.