Book your room at Hotel Columbus
Please enter your travel dates.
Historic Rome hotel close to St Peter’s Basilica
Near River Tiber
This 15th-century Rome hotel occupies a palace that housed cardinals for 65 years and priests for 200 years, and lies 400 metres from St Peter's Basilica and 300 metres from the River Tiber.
In warm weather, guests can cool off with cocktails in the garden courtyard shaded by laurel trees; Italian dishes are served in a vaulted restaurant with original wall and ceiling frescoes.
The guestrooms of the Hotel Columbus are decorated in typical Italian style with dark woods and tiled floors; all include minibars, satellite television and free wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Business amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, multiple meeting rooms, computer rental, and an internet point. The hotel also offers an airport shuttle (surcharge), garden, and free parking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 92
- Multilingual staff
- Currency exchange
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 4
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Internet point
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Medical assistance available
- Free parking
- Babysitting or childcare
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free parking (limited spaces)
- Room service (24 hours)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free parking (limited spaces)
- In the room
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Eat and drink
Guests of Hotel Columbus can enjoy a daily continental breakfast (surcharge) served in the breakfast room.
La Veranda - Dining hall with vaulted ceiling, garden views, and original frescoes on walls and ceiling. Open for lunch and dinner, serving Italian and international selections. La Veranda is closed on Mondays.
Le Colonne Bar - Open mid-morning to after midnight for snacks and cocktails with garden courtyard seating in summer months.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
The Fine Print for Hotel Columbus
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in kg is 5
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 11 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- We Should Mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.