Please enter your travel dates.
- Two Twin Beds
- One Double Bed
- Two Twin Beds
- One Double Bed
Located midway between the central city and Whakarewarewa thermal area.
Close to CBD
Copthorne Hotel Rotorua is a low rise hotel of 136 rooms set in extensive grounds midway between central Rotorua and the world famous Whakarewarewa Thermal area.
Pool, sauna,spa & more
The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a heated outdoor pool, spas, sauna and tennis court. Jimmy Cook’s Restaurant is open every day for breakfast and dinner offering well-loved Kiwi fare.
Spacious with amenities
The hotel offers spacious rooms, with amenities that include, air-conditioning, Sky TV, high speed internet access, tea and coffee facilities, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, and radio alarm clock.
Copthorne Hotel Rotorua is conveniently located on Fenton Street, midway between central Rotorua and Te Puia NZ Maori Arts & Crafts Institute. Just 5 minutes stroll to Rotorua Golf Club and 4 blocks to the city centre, Polynesian Spa and Lake Rotorua, Copthorne Hotel Rotorua is a superb choice for those who wish to explore this geothermal wonderland. The hotel also has a heated outdoor swimming pool, gymnasium, tennis court, spa and sauna facilities.
Guest rooms and suites are equipped with ensuite bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities, Sky TV, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen has excellent value traditional Kiwi fare with family buffet or à la carte dining, hearty cooked or continental breakfast options.
The hotel also offers 5 conference rooms catering from 10 to 350 people, with modern conference equipment.
Copthorne Hotel Rotorua is a popular venue for sporting and leisure enthusiasts, whether you want to be active or just take time out for some well needed R&R. Nearby facilities include a golf course (800m) , squash courts (1km), ten pin bowling (300m).
Copthorne Hotel Rotorua is a Qualmark 4 Star and Enviro Silver Qualmark rated hotel and is part of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter.
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Babysitting or childcare
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tennis on site
- Laundry facilities
- Currency exchange
- Self parking
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Fitness facilities
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Total number of rooms - 110
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Free parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Self parking
- Room Amenities
- Satellite TV service
- Direct-dial phone
- Clock radio
- Premium bedding
- Hair dryer
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
Our restaurant, Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen is named after the English explorer Captain James Cook who visited New Zealand three times in the 18th Century, charting and naming many points of interest. Reputed to be a forthright man of peasant stock, James Cook’s grasp of good nutrition was ahead of his time.
Jimmy Cook’s Kiwi Kitchen is open every day for breakfast and dinner and offers lashings of good simple well-loved Kiwi fare with a retro feel. The à la carte menu offers a great selection of steaks, seafood and other true Kiwiana favourites. The Great Kiwi Buffet offers a range of New Zealand and Asia Pacific dishes and the Sunday Roast Special is a traditional Kiwi favourite.
Jimmy's Bar is conveniently located between reception and the pool, equipped with a big screen TV, offering a light snack menu and a wide selection of beverages.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Minimum guest age is 18
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: NZD 15.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 20.40 (for 3 hours, rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Children 13 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Qualmark Green, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.