Availability: Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City, a Kimpton Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Boutique hotel in historic downtown Salt Lake City
Across from theater
This newly renovated chic downtown Salt Lake City hotel is in a historic building, across from the 1913 Capitol Theatre, and a half-block from Salt Palace Convention Center. The Mormon Temple and Energy Solutions Arena are nearby.
Evening wine, massage
Evening social hours at this Hotel Monaco include complimentary wine as well as neck-and-shoulder massages; acclaimed Bambara Restaurant showcases New-American bistro cuisine.
Robes and goldfish
Guestrooms at Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City offer pillowtop mattresses, animal-print robes, and dressing benches; complimentary goldfish companions are provided upon request.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
Occupying the Continental Bank Building (built in 1924), Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City is across from the 1913 Capitol Theatre, home to Ballet West and touring Broadway shows. Salt Lake Convention Center is a half block away.
A manager's social hour is held each evening and includes complimentary wine and neck-and-shoulder massages. The Bambara Restaurant and Club Bambara lounge are local hotspots, offering acclaimed cuisine, signature cocktails, and a lively but sophisticated ambience.
In addition to a 24-hour fitness center, this smoke-free Salt Lake City hotel offers treadmills (surcharge) and yoga kits (complimentary) for in-room use. In-room spa services (surcharge) can also be arranged. Staff can provide concierge services and 5 meeting rooms are on site.
Pets are welcomed with complimentary amenities and without surcharges. Complimentary companion goldfish are provided upon request. Housekeeping staff feed the fish.
Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City is near 332 ski runs, where guests can ski and snowboard; a nearby ski shuttle will take guests right to the slopes.
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1924
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 14
- Total number of rooms - 225
- Babysitting or childcare
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 288
- Ski storage
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Health club
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Conference space size (feet) - 3,100
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $10.00 USD / per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Private bathroom
- Video-game console
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
A complimentary manager's social with wine, nonalcoholic drinks, and chair massages is provided nightly, 5 PM-6 PM (hours subject to change).
Bambara - Highly acclaimed restaurant off the lobby. Exhibition kitchen, dramatic lighting, and arched windows. New American bistro cuisine with regional influences and ingredients; Italian, French, and Asian techniques. Dinner menu may include Seared Ahi Tuna, Cannellini Bean-Piquillo Pepper Salad, Wilted Watercress, Shaved Asparagus, and Yuzu-Lime Vinaigrette; and Grilled Filet Mignon, Maytag Blue Cheese and Applewood Smoked Bacon, Au Gratin Potatoes, and Roasted Shallot-Cabernet Wine Sauce. Fine wine list and full bar. Reservations recommended. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and pre-theater menu.
Club Bambara - High-ceilinged room with opera-themed paintings, velvet barstools, big sofas, and large windows facing street. Signature cocktails named after Kimpton hotels, including the Monaco: Absolut Vanilla, Starbucks coffee liqueur, and espresso. Open from early afternoon to late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
The complimentary 24-hour fitness room includes treadmills, a stationary bike, an elliptical trainer, and free weights. The hotel can provide treadmills (surcharge) and yoga kits (complimentary) for in-room use. In-room TVs feature a 24-hour yoga channel. Discounted passes are available to a fitness center within walking distance.
Memory Grove Park, about one mile from the hotel, provides hiking trails along City Creek and into City Creek Canyon. Liberty Park, with walking paths, swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, amusement park, and aviary, is also about a mile away. Within 50 miles of downtown are 10 world-class ski resorts. Snowbird is less than 20 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 10.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 21 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.