Availability: El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Accessible, Non Smoking
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking, Poolside
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Accessible, Non Smoking
Casual family hotel overlooking the Riverwalk
Walk to the Alamo
This 9-story family-friendly hotel, 6 blocks from the Alamo, overlooks the start of the Museum Reach section of the Riverwalk; the convention center is 9 blocks away.
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel features Mangos Restaurant, serving American cuisine and seasonal specialties with a Tropical flair, and overlooks the Riverwalk.
Southwestern-style guestrooms offer complimentary wireless Internet access, premium cable channels, and bathrooms with pedestal sinks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel Amenities
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel opened in 1962 and is inspired by the Acapulco beach resorts of the time. Located in the heart of the Riverwalk, guests are a short walk away from the restaurants and clubs of the Riverwalk's original section and South Bank, as well as from the dining and shopping in the newer Museum Reach section. Other attractions, such as the Alamo, Market Square, HemisFair Park, and Tower of the Americas are also nearby, accessible by foot or by San Antonio’s river taxis, which provide on-and-off access for El Tropicano guests.
The hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a spacious courtyard, fitness center, restaurant, and lounge. Guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel can enjoy the complimentary wireless Internet access available throughout the hotel.
Business guests at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel will appreciate the 24-hour business center and 37,000 square feet (3,300 square meters) of meeting room space for up to 1,000 people.
This hotel welcomes small dogs.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 306
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 9
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Technology support staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Poolside bar
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 37000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3330
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 19
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
Mangos - Open for buffet breakfast daily. Menu features scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon, sausages, and pancakes.
Expreso - Espresso bar located just off the lobby area with Riverwalk views. Guests can sip a latte or a smoothie, or enjoy lunch or dinner on the terrace. Menu includes sandwiches, salads, and grilled items.
Room service is available during limited hours.
The hotel offers a fitness center with cardio equipment and a weight machine, as well as an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 9.95 for adults and USD 3.95 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 21 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet
- Pet deposit: USD 75.00 per stay