Book your room at Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional Guest Room - NonView Guestroom
Deluxe Water View Room
Island Palms Suite - Water View
Lush Shelter Island retreat on San Diego Bay
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
This hotel is set on Shelter Island, surrounded by San Diego Bay and a private marina; Old Town is 5 miles away, and downtown San Diego is within 6 miles.
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel and Marina offers 2 outdoor pools, 2 tennis courts, spa tubs with marina views, and a waterfront restaurant and bar. Airport shuttle is complimentary.
Guestrooms at the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel and Marina offer complimentary wireless Internet access, cable TV with HBO and pay movies, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
- The Overview
Located on beautiful Shelter Island in San Diego Bay, the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina is situated on nearly 6 acres of lush, tropical landscaping and overlooks the hotel's private marina, La Playa Cove, Pt. Loma, and San Diego's largest yacht basin. On-site amenities include 2 heated waterfront pools and spa tubs, 2 tennis courts, a waterfront restaurant and bar, and more than 10,000 square feet of meeting space with water views. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the property.
Amenities include concierge services, luggage storage, tours/ticket assistance, computer station, complimentary transfers to/from the airport, the train station and the cruise terminal (advanced notice required).
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina is a smoke-free property (fines apply for violations).
- Marina on site
- Spa tub
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Multilingual staff
- Event catering
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 3
- Laundry facilities
- Picnic area
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Express check-out
- Cruise terminal shuttle (complimentary)
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- One meeting/conference room
- Tennis on site
- Tour assistance
- Total number of rooms - 227
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 12
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- The Room
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding
- Free local calls
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe
- Free Wi-Fi
- The Eats
Blue Wave Bar & Grill - This contemporary waterfront restaurant specializes in seafood and coastal cuisine. Terrace dining. Cocktail lounge. Open for breakfast (6:30 AM to 11:00 AM), lunch, and dinner. Children's menu available.
- Out and About
The Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina offers a private, 180-boat marina, boat cruises and tours; two outdoor pools and spa tubs with marina views, 2 tennis courts; and a complimentary fitness center. The hotel offers bicycles to explore the immediate area. Massage services are available on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Volleyball nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Boating on site
- Swimming on site
- Tennis on site
- Fishing nearby
- Beach volleyball nearby
- Boat tours on site
- Boat cruises on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 10 per night (in/out privileges)
- We Should Mention
This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details on arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.