Please enter your travel dates.
Standard (One King or One Queen Bed)
Suite, 1 Queen Bed with Sofabed (Junior Suite)
Suite, 1 Bedroom
Historic hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Near shops, dining
Built in 1913, this 10-story boutique hotel is located in the center of San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, amid numerous restaurants, shops, and nightclubs; the convention center is 8 blocks away.
Breakfast with views
Complimentary Continental breakfast is served each morning on a rooftop terrace overlooking the city and harbor.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary in the lobby, and available throughout the rest of the hotel for a fee.
All 64 oversized, European-style suites at Gaslamp Plaza feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, televisions with DVD players, microwaves, and compact refrigerators.
Situated in San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter, Gaslamp Plaza Suites is within several blocks of myriad shops, restaurants, and nightclubs. The San Diego Convention Center is eight blocks away.
Built in 1913, this European-style boutique hotel retains many original architectural elements. Modern conveniences include hotel-wide wireless Internet access (surcharge). Complimentary Continental breakfast and daily newspapers are provided on an outdoor rooftop deck.
The Melting Pot-A Fondue Restaurant is located in the Gaslamp Plaza Suites. Guests can select from a variety of fondues for a different type of dinner. The hotel bar, Vin de Syrah, serves a great selection of spirits, beers and wines by the glass.
Gaslamp Plaza Suites provides discounted access to a health club four blocks away.
Smoking is permitted on the rooftop deck of Gaslamp Plaza Suites, but not in any other public areas.
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- One meeting/conference room
- Rooftop terrace
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1913
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Designated smoking areas
- Luggage storage
- Tour assistance
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 64
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 56
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 600
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Pillowtop mattress
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
A complimentary Continental breakfast is provided each morning including cereal, toast, breakfast breads, juice, coffee, and tea.
The Melting Pot-A Fondue Restaurant - offers guests the chance to "dip into something different" for dinner. Reservations recommended.
Vin De Syrah - Wine bar inspired by the eclectic lounges of New York's Meatpacking District and the warm brasseries of turn-of-the-century Paris. Features a selection of cheeses, desserts, and a varied wine list. Celebrated local designer Michael Soriano has reinvented this downtown urban lounge with botanical chandeliers, 50 year-old wine vines, a 12-foot natural wood tasting table, and semi-private sitting rooms.
Guests receive discounted passes to a health club four blocks away. One mile from the hotel, the Embarcadero is a bayfront path for walking, running, and cycling. Also a mile away, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park offers two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo.
Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available year-round at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bowling alley nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Boat cruises nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Guest has to present credit card and identification upon check-in.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 11.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.