Availability: Grande Colonial Hotel
Historic hotel near shops in seaside La Jolla, CA
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near dining, beach, entertainment
Located near high-end shops and restaurants in the village of La Jolla, this sophisticated California hotel is a block from the beach and 12 miles from downtown San Diego.
Originally constructed in 1913 with a 1928 addition, the historical Grande Colonial Hotel offers a graceful marble lobby, private garden pool, and a market-fresh menu at Nine-Ten restaurant.
Ocean or village views
Grande Colonial Hotel's 93 smoke-free guestrooms provide large windows that open to ocean or village views, ceiling fans, down bedding, bathrobes, and nightly turndown service.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Grande Colonial Hotel Amenities
The 4-building Grande Colonial La Jolla is 1 block from La Jolla Cove and 6 miles from the concentration of high-tech/biotech industries known as the Golden Triangle. It's located amid entertainment and shopping districts, with downtown San Diego 12 miles away.
The Grande Colonial provides complimentary WiFi and high-speed wired Internet access thoughout all public spaces, including the hotel's 6 conference rooms, and in all guestrooms and suites. This completely smoke-free hotel features an elegant, antique-filled lobby, a stylish restaurant and bar, and an ocean-view terrace with private garden pool. Passes (surcharge) are available to La Jolla Sports Club, 1 block away.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 5
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Fireplace in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 93
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 465
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Outdoor pool
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Meeting rooms
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Year Built 1913
- Conference space size (feet) - 5,000
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- LCD TV
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Daily housekeeping
- iPod docking station
Nine-Ten: Located adjacent to the lobby, this contemporary, upscale restaurant and bar features seasonal California Cuisine menus and a diverse award-winning wine list (including half-bottles and selections by the glass). Offers indoor, sidewalk patio, or ocean view terrace dining. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Happy Hour Mon - Fri. Three private dining rooms can accommodate 75 guests.
Room Service: Available from early morning until late evening.
The hotel features an ocean-view terrace and private garden pool. Passes (surcharge) are available to La Jolla Sports Club, one block away.
The hotel is one block from the beach, four miles from the Torrey Pines Gliderport, five miles from the Torrey Pines Golf Course and Torrey Pines Nature Reserve, and six miles from Mission Bay Aquatic Park, affording numerous recreational opportunities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Grande Colonial Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through iStayGreen thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.