Please enter your travel dates.
Hard Rock King Suite
Stylish suites, bars, and dining in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
The Hard Rock Hotel is in the center of San Diego's bustling Gaslamp Quarter, with restaurants, bars, and nightlife. The San Diego Convention Center is across the street and PETCO Park is a block away.
The 207 Bar and Float, a rooftop lounge by the pool, are popular venues at this San Diego hotel, as is Nobu, the hotel's nouveau Japanese restaurant. The Rock Spa offers a full menu of body treatments.
Guestrooms at the Hard Rock Hotel offer 42-inch plasma TVs with integrated media systems, and wired and wireless Internet access. Bathrooms have multiple, ceiling-mounted rainfall showerheads.
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is in the Gaslamp Quarter, across the street from the San Diego Convention Center and a block from PETCO Park.
The hotel's Lobby Bar offers signature cocktails and ultra-stylish, cutting-edge interiors. The rooftop Pool Bar is poolside, open to the stars, while the Lobby Bar features specially designed tables with individual beer taps. Both are great venues for seeing and being seen, while Nobu, the hotel restaurant, has a classic sushi bar and serves up nouveau Japanese cuisine.
The on-site Rock Spa, with separate men's and women's facilities, features body and facial treatments, manicures, pedicures, and massages.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel and a business center is available 24 hours a day. Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for smoke-free violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 12
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 420
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2007
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 40000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3716
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 20
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Plasma TV
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Multi-line phone
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower only
- Turndown service
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Down comforter
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Nobu San Diego - The Nouveau Japanese menu includes signature dishes such as Fresh Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeno, and Broiled Black Cod with Miso. Dinner served each evening in the sushi bar or dining room; drinks are available in the lounge.
Maryjane's Coffee Shop - Comfort food in a casual, laid-back atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor dining. Open early morning to late evening; late-night hours on weekends.
The 207 Bar - Located at street level. Decor features vaulted ceiling and dark wood accents. DJs and live entertainment is featured Thursday through Sunday nights, with bottle service available. Guests visiting on the weekend will receive a VIP entrance pass for two at check-in.
Float - Open-air rooftop bar with private poolside cabanas and outdoor leather lounge seating. Fire pits ringed by opium beds and sectional seating. DJs and live entertainment is featured Thursday through Sunday nights, with bottle service available. Guests visiting on the weekend will receive a VIP entrance pass for two at check-in.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
The hotel has a rooftop pool, full-service spa, and 24-hour health club with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, including cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Swimming on site
The full-service Rock Spa, with separate men's and women's facilities, provides guests everything they need to decompress or recharge for the night ahead. Featuring treatments including Champagne Cocktail Body Soak, 4-Diamond Body Detox, and Amped-Up Sugar Scrub. Treatments may be experienced in one of five luxurious treatment rooms, in-suite, or in one of the poolside cabanas. A state-of-the-art health club is adjacent.
Advanced reservations required for massages and spa treatments. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult to visit the spa. Guests under 16 are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa boutique
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 38 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25.00 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 30.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.