Book your room at Hotel La Jolla, a Kimpton Hotel
Ocean View with 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Ocean View with 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Deluxe with 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Patio Deluxe with One King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Accessible Deluxe One King Bed and Roll-InMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Deluxe with 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Patio Deluxe with Two Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Accessible Patio with One Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Ocean View Luxury Suite 1 KingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 1 infant)
La Jolla Hotel with ocean views
Close to beach, golf
This La Jolla hotel, set 8 blocks from the beach, is located 5 miles from the Torrey Pines Golf Course and Mission Bay. Downtown San Diego is 12 miles away.
Cusp, a popular restaurant located on the 11th floor of Hotel La Jolla, a Kimpton Hotel offers tantalizing views of the Pacific ocean while enjoying a coastal-Mediterranean inspired meal.
Spacious, smoke-free guestrooms with patios or ocean views feature pillowtop beds with Italian Frette linens, LCD TVs with HBO, and minibars stocked with organic and gourmet goodies.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel La Jolla, a Kimpton Hotel
Sheltered by tropical landscaping, this ocean-view boutique hotel is in the midst of an upscale San Diego beach community, with easy access in and out of La Jolla. The atmosphere, with its European flair, is ideal for leisure travelers who wish to walk to the beach and shops, and for techies who do business in the Golden Triangle.
This La Jolla hotel, eight blocks from the beach, is five miles from both Torrey Pines Golf Course and Mission Bay. Downtown San Diego is 12 miles away. The hotel is also near popular destinations such as La Jolla Village, the UCSD campus, UTC Mall (shopping center), and La Jolla's Seal Beach. Complimentary shuttle service offered to overnight guests within a 5 mile radius within La Jolla.
Hotel La Jolla was was renovated in 2012 and offers an 11th-floor ocean-view restaurant and lounge. All banquettes and tables are placed to maximize the views through floor-to-ceiling windows.
Other amenities include an outdoor pool and a newly-renovated fitness room. The hotel also offers 3 conference rooms with audio-visual equipment.
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary reception
- Wedding services
- Express check-out
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness facilities
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Concierge services
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 110
- Number of floors - 11
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Conference space size (meters) - 86
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Year Built 1972
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Conference space size (feet) - 950
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
- Furnished balcony
- Climate control
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Room service (limited hours)
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
Where to Eat
A complimentary evening reception is offered daily.
Room service is available daily from 7 AM to 10 PM.
Cusp - Cusp Dining & Drinks is an exceptionally popular bar that has long been a gathering spot for locals who come to soak up fabulous views. A daily happy hour is offered from 4-7 PM; appetizers are also available.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has an outdoor pool and a small fitness room.
Hotel La Jolla is only eight blocks from the beach, three miles from Torrey Pines Gliderport, five miles from Torrey Pines Golf Course and Torrey Pines Nature Reserve, and six miles from San Diego's Mission Bay Park, affording numerous recreational opportunities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Parasailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 PM
Children and extra beds
- All children are welcome.
- Children under 18 years old stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per day
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.