Availability: Hotel Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Guestroom with 1 King Bed
Deluxe One King Bed Accessible
- 1 king
Skyline, Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Accessible Deluxe Two Queen Beds and Roll-In
- 2 queen
Stylish hotel 1 block from San Diego’s Petco Park
This 10-story hotel is 1 block from the Gaslamp Quarter, 4 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and Horton Plaza, and a half-mile from Seaport Village shops and restaurants.
Rooftop pool, lounge
Hotel Solamar's fourth-floor patio houses an outdoor splash pool, poolside bar, and cabana seating at night; the hotel's restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine.
Hotel Solamar guestrooms include 42-inch LCD TVs with premium channels, bathrobes, minibars, down comforters, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
The 10-story Hotel Solamar is within four blocks of the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Convention Center, and one block from Petco Park. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
JSix restaurant serves Coastal California cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while the poolside bar offers cocktails and light fare throughout the day.The hotel hosts a daily complimentary manager reception in the afternoon.
In addition to the outdoor splash pool, guests enjoy a 24-hour fitness center with free weights and cardio and strength-training equipment. There is a 24-hour business center and 5,009 square feet of meeting and event space on site, including a ballroom that accommodates 350 guests, with audiovisual equipment and event catering available. A spa tub and pool table are offered as well.
Valet parking is available (surcharge) in a covered garage with in/out privileges.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Poolside bar
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 235
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 10
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 465
- Business services
- Concierge desk
- Health club
- Free Wi-Fi
- Billiards or pool table
- Year Built 2005
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5009
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- Complimentary reception
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- DVD player
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
A complimentary wine reception is hosted each evening.
JSix - Decorated in red and gold with a large circular red bar in the center, this fine-dining restaurant serves contemporary California cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
LOUNGEsix - A rooftop poolside bar with views of the San Diego skyline and Petco Park. Cocktails and light fare are served throughout the day; at night, the bar offers cabana seating and fire pits.
A 13,000-square-foot deck on the fourth floor houses an outdoor splash pool with teak lounge chairs, cabanas, and a poolside bar. Open 24 hours, the adjacent fitness center provides an elliptical machine, a treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a Universal gym, free weights, and exercise balls. Flat-screen TVs and headphones are mounted on each cardio machine.
One mile away, the Embarcadero recreation area has jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within two miles of the hotel, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park has two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, eight miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Swimming on site
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Hotel Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 41 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Seal, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.