Please enter your travel dates.
Premier Room, 1 King Bed
Premier Room, 2 Queen Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, View
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds, View
Tropical-style resort on San Diego's Shelter Island
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
By land or by sea
Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites sits on 14 acres adjacent to a yacht-filled marina overlooking San Diego Bay; the complimentary airport shuttle offers easy access.
Leisure options include a freeform outdoor pool, a putting green, and poolside table tennis. In summer, music and comedy entertainers perform at the 1,295-seat outdoor theater.
All Humphreys Half Moon guestrooms have wireless Internet access, mini-fridges, and weekday newspapers. Suites add separate bedrooms, full kitchens, and furnished patios or balconies.
Adjacent to a marina on San Diego's Shelter Island, Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites is seven miles from the Gaslamp Quarter and SeaWorld and 10 miles from the San Diego Zoo. The resort provides complimentary airport shuttle service from early morning until late evening.
Guests can rent bicycles for touring the island (first two hours complimentary), or relax on site in the freeform outdoor pool. Other recreation options include a putting green, croquet, and poolside table tennis. Marina slips are available for visiting boaters.
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay performances (surcharge) are held on the resort grounds in late spring to early fall. Humphreys Restaurant features modern, global cuisine and an extensive wine list. Guests enjoy live musical entertainment and happy-hour specials in the popular Humphreys Backstage Live.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Total number of rooms - 182
- Number of floors - 2
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Fitness facilities
- Airport transportation
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Marina on site
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Room service (limited hours)
- Security guard
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Window opens
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
Humphreys Restaurant - Fine-dining restaurant with ocean views from every table. The eatery serves modern, global cuisine for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. All meals are cooked-to-order and menu items rotate in and out. A children’s menu is available. The restaurant includes a bar, which features an extensive wine list. Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM to 11 AM daily.
Humphreys Backstage Live - Nightly happy-hour specials and live entertainment make this a popular spot for locals and visitors.
Pool bar - Open seasonally from early afternoon until early evening.
Surrounded by palm trees and lounge chairs, a large freeform pool and spa tub are set in a fenced courtyard. Guests also enjoy a putting green, croquet, and poolside table tennis.
Bicycle rentals are available for touring Shelter Island (first two hours complimentary). Sportfishing and other water sports are available on the bay two blocks from the resort or at beaches four miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 9.95 per accommodation, per night (effective 1 July 2013)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Shuttle service
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Additional inclusions
- Self parking fee: USD 10 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Additional Details
Guests must be at least 21 years old to check in at this property.