Availability: Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Room, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking - Save 10 Percent On Stays Of 2 Nights Or
- One Queen Bed
Room, 1 Queen Bed, Accessible, Non Smoking - Save 10 Percent On Stays Of 2Nights/More
- One Queen Bed
Room, 2 Queen Beds, Non Smoking - Save 10 Percent On Stays Of 2 Nights Or
- Two Queen Beds
Historic hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
Old town charm
This 10-story Ramada hotel resides within the historic Gaslamp Quarter, just 2 blocks from Horton Plaza, 7 blocks from the Convention Center, and a half-mile from Balboa Park.
Major renovations have updated this 1913-built hotel, while preserving relics of the original Hotel St. James—crystal chandeliers, vintage elevators, and a marble staircase.
Ramada guestrooms include ceiling fans, window air-conditioners, and windows that open onto city or courtyard views, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel Amenities
In San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter, the Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center (formerly the historic St. James Hotel) is two blocks from Horton Plaza and five blocks from Petco Park.
Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center features a restaurant, sun-drenched rooftop with expansive views, intimate courtyard sitting areas, complimentary use of a nearby fitness center, and complimentary airport transportation.
Guests have complimentary use of the business center, which includes a printer, copier, scanner, and high-speed Internet access. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Business services
- Event catering
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 10
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Total number of rooms - 99
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Designated smoking areas
- Express check-in
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Clock radio
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Voice mail
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Wake-up calls
- Cable TV service
- Climate control
- In-room safe
Brian's 24 - Open 24 hours a day, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lobby level restaurant with street views, copper-clad open kitchen, and antique mahogany bar. Home-style comfort food prepared with the freshest ingredients and innovative recipes.
This hotel offers complimentary use of its small fitness room and also provides complimentary passes to a nearby fitness center, two blocks away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Dock nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per day
- Additional Details
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.