Book your room at Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Historic hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
Old town charm
This 10-story Ramada hotel resides within the historic Gaslamp Quarter, just 2 blocks from Horton Plaza, 7 blocks from the Convention Center, and a half-mile from Balboa Park.
Major renovations have updated this 1913-built hotel, while preserving relics of the original Hotel St. James—crystal chandeliers, vintage elevators, and a marble staircase.
Ramada guestrooms include ceiling fans, window air-conditioners, and windows that open onto city or courtyard views, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel
- The Overview
In San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter, the Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center (formerly the historic St. James Hotel) is two blocks from Horton Plaza and five blocks from Petco Park.
Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center features a restaurant, sun-drenched rooftop with expansive views, intimate courtyard sitting areas, complimentary use of a nearby fitness center, and complimentary airport transportation.
Guests have complimentary use of the business center, which includes a printer, copier, scanner, and high-speed Internet access. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Business services
- Event catering
- Room service
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 10
- Total number of rooms - 99
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Designated smoking areas
- Express check-in
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- The Room
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cable TV service
- Climate control
- In-room safe
- The Eats
Brian's 24 - Open 24 hours a day, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lobby level restaurant with street views, copper-clad open kitchen, and antique mahogany bar. Home-style comfort food prepared with the freshest ingredients and innovative recipes.
- Out and About
This hotel offers complimentary use of its small fitness room and also provides complimentary passes to a nearby fitness center, two blocks away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Dock nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center-The Historic St James Hotel
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per day
- We Should Mention
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.