Superior room with 2 double beds
Superior room with king bed
Lavishly restored grandeur in heart of San Diego
The palatial US Grant is in the center of downtown San Diego, facing the Westfield Horton Plaza retail and entertainment complex, and adjacent to the Gaslamp Quarter's vibrant nightlife and myriad restaurants.
Classic architecure and contemporary design sets the stage for the grand lobby adorned with crystal chandeliers, marble floors, hand carved ceilings, and original artwork.
A great night's sleep begins with a pillowtop mattress and Italian linens. Plush carpeting, flat-screen televisions, luxurious bath amenities, and twice daily housekeeping service add to the comfort at the US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel.
Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Centrally located in downtown San Diego, the US Grant-A Luxury Collection Hotel is adjacent to the Westfield Horton Plaza entertainment complex and Gaslamp Quarter.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the US Grant-A Luxury Collection Hotel was built in 1910 by Ulysses S. Grant Jr. in honor of his father.
Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the public areas of the hotel. Meeting space totaling 33,000 square feet includes ballrooms, exhibit space, and a 24-hour business center. Professional conference coordinators, wedding planners, and an audiovisual department provide expert service.
24-hour fitness facilities are complimentary to guests.
The hotel restaurant restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner, has a Zagat rating of 23. Room service (24-hours) is available). Some meals may not be served every day.
This hotel is entirely smoke-free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Multiple large conference rooms
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Babysitting or childcare
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 11
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Currency exchange
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking
- Year Built 1910
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 16
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Premium bedding
- Clock radio
- Multi-line phone
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Voice mail
- Pay movies
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Microwave (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room safe
- Private bathroom
- Bathroom scale
- Shower only
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Electronic check-out
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- City view
- Courtyard view
Grant Grill Restaurant - California Native regional cuisine, a fusion of local and market-fresh produce and grilled specialties. Private dining room available. Breakfast, lunch, brunch, and dinner served. Note: Some meals may not be served daily. Daily happy hour serving hand-crafted cocktails; live entertainment Thursday-Saturday evenings. Zagat rating: 23. 24-hour room service offered.
Live entertainment in the Grant Grill on Thursday-Saturday evenings.
Tours of the hotel are also offered upon request, detailing the history of the 100 year-old US Grant Hotel.
The US Grant offers a complimentary fitness center with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bicycles, and other equipment. Complimentary bottled water and towels are provided.
Seven blocks from the hotel, a spa provides treatments in guestrooms or in a private on-site treatment room.
This downtown San Diego hotel is 11 blocks from the Embarcadero's jogging and cycling paths and boat-rental facilities, two miles from Balboa Park, and eight miles from ocean beaches. Guests have access to a neighboring property's pool. Bowling alley, scooter/moped rentals, and segway rentals/tours are available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests” section of “Trip Preferences” when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 11.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 11.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD .69 per minute (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 38 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per stay
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in California Green Lodging Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.