Book your room at The Horton Grand Hotel
Get an overview of this hotelVictorian-style hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
Heart of Gaslamp
This recently renovated 4-story hotel is within 4 blocks of PETCO Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza shopping, and 100 restaurants and bars; Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are a 2-minute drive away.
Palace Bar lounge features cocktails and beverages from late afternoon.
The Horton Grand Hotel's individually decorated guestrooms feature Victorian-style furnishings with armoires; complimentary wireless Internet access and gas-burning, marble-framed fireplaces.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. Conference space is available; the Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center and 7 meeting rooms.
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 7
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 2115
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (feet) - 22766
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Year Built 1986
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Free WiFi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Room service (limited hours)
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Ida Bailey's - Open daily from 6 AM to 2 PM serving traditional American fare for breakfast and lunch.
Palace Bar - Open nightly from 5 PM to Midnight, serving small plate appetizers. Lounge features Victorian-era photographs, period decor, and a wall fresco. Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings. Outdoor courtyard seating available.
The Palace Bar hosts live music every Friday and Saturday evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
- Fee for full breakfast: USD $6 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.