Availability: The Horton Grand Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Balcony
|$225 $169||$327 $245|
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds, Fireplace
|$252 $189||$356 $267|
Grand Room, 1 King Bed, Fireplace
|$332 $249||$385 $289|
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Fireplace
Victorian-style hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
Heart of Gaslamp
This 4-story hotel is within 4 blocks of PETCO Park, the San Diego Convention Center, Horton Plaza shopping, and 100 restaurants and bars; Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo are a 2-minute drive away.
Palace Bar lounge features cocktails and beverages from late afternoon.
The Horton Grand Hotel's individually decorated guestrooms feature Victorian-style furnishings with armoires; complimentary wireless Internet access and gas-burning, marble-framed fireplaces.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Horton Grand Hotel Amenities
The Horton Grand Hotel is 3 blocks from the San Diego Convention Center, 4 blocks from Horton Plaza's shops and restaurants, and 4 blocks from PETCO Park.
This Victorian-style hotel reflects its Gaslamp Quarter location. Guestrooms are accessed via an authentic, hand-carved wood staircase or a glass-enclosed elevator. A small museum, off the main lobby, features memorabilia and Victorian-era photos. The Horton Grand Theatre seats 250 people. Complimentary wireless Internet is available throughout the hotel. The hotel also features a 24-hour business center.
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 132
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 4
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Street parking (metered)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 2115
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 23500
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- Year Built 1989
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Flat-panel TV
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Individually decorated
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Palace Bar - Lounge featuring Victorian-era photographs, period decor, and a wall fresco. Cocktails and beverages from late afternoon. Outdoor courtyard seating available.
Five blocks away, the Embarcadero recreation area offers jogging trails and bike, boat, and kayak rentals. Within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of the hotel are the 1,200-acre Balboa Park with 2 golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Playground nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
The Horton Grand Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.