Book your room at W San Diego
Please enter your travel dates.
Postmodern accommodations in downtown San Diego
Near San Diego Bay
Located in the heart of downtown, the 19-floor W San Diego is 3 blocks from Little Italy, 4 blocks from San Diego Bay, and 8 blocks from the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Hip rooftop bar
High-style amenities include a rooftop bar, fire pit, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center.
Perch above the city
W San Diego guestrooms feature scenic bay window seating with thick cushions, blackboards with chalk and erasers, and color schemes that incorporate sea, sky, and sand.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
W San Diego
The 19-story W San Diego is situated three blocks from Little Italy, and five blocks from Horton Plaza and the Embarcadero. The hotel is also near the airport, cruise ship and ferry terminal, metro station, and a shopping district.
W San Diego completed an extensive renovation of its public areas in May 2012 and now offers a trendy rooftop bar, lobby lounge bar, restaurant, live weekend entertainment, and a private heated outdoor pool with adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Complimentary town-car transportation is available for the downtown area (limited hours, based on availability). Wireless Internet access is complimentary on the hotel's first three floors, which include most public areas. A 24-hour business center provides two computers with high-speed Internet.
The pet-friendly W San Diego offers a dog bowl and bed. It also features a dog menu, which includes treats, dog-sitting, and walking services.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 19
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Babysitting or childcare
- Total number of rooms - 258
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2003
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 14.95 USD per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Designer toiletries
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Premium TV channels
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- Room service (limited hours)
- Plasma TV
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Where to Eat
Living Room Lounge - This stylish and sophisticated lounge and bar offers plenty for those looking to socialize or to relax with a cocktail. It includes a full bar and an eye-in-the-sky DJ booth. Open daily.
Kelvin — This upscale restaurant features contemporary world cuisine with a West Coast flair. Diners will enjoy the creative menu, which offers small plates to share and savor, as well as signature entrees, all featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients that redefine classic flavors.
Rooftop bar - A visionary fusion of extraordinary cocktails and glittering views. Full service and bottle service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel features a private outdoor pool with an adjacent 24-hour indoor fitness room. Pilates and yoga classes are available nearby. Also nearby is a playground, bowling alley, scooter and moped rentals, and Segway rentals and tours.
Numerous water sports and other recreational opportunities are available in the San Diego area. Among the options are surfing, sailing, horse riding, cycling, and hang-gliding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
Enjoy a seaside escape to San Diego. While you're here, discover relaxing spa services available at W San Diego. While we don't have a full-day spa, we do offer spectacular spa services in the privacy and comfort of your guest room or suite. Advance reservations required.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fees vary based on length of stay
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per stay
- A late check-out fee will be charged
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per stay
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.