Deluxe One King
Deluxe Two Doubles
Premier One King
Premier Two Doubles
Versailles-inspired hotel by San Diego Civic Center
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near Gaslamp Quarter
This downtown hotel is within 2 blocks of Horton Plaza shopping center and trendy restaurants and nightclubs in the Gaslamp Quarter. The San Diego Convention Center is 8 blocks away.
Modeled after a Versailles anteroom, the lobby of Westgate Hotel features an 18th-century desk, original early Steinway piano, French tapestries, Persian rugs, and Baccarat crystal chandeliers.
All richly appointed Westgate guestrooms combine handmade Italian armoires, imported rugs, and marble-topped tables with modern conveniences such as DVD players included in the facilities fee.
Across the street from the Civic Center, the Westgate Hotel is a European-inspired oasis 2 blocks from San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter. The gilded lobby includes an elaborate concierge desk that is the twin of a desk in the king's bedchamber in Versailles.
The lobby hosts a formal afternoon tea on weekdays, and guests can choose from several on-site restaurants, including the romantic Le Fontainebleau. Room service is available 24 hours.
Modern amenities at this San Diego hotel include a 24-hour business center with 11,000 square feet of meeting space including a conference/meeting room, audio-visual equipment, exhibit space, secretarial service, technology support staff, event catering and banquet facilities. There is high-speed wired/wireless Internet access (surcharge). Wedding services can be accommodated. The front desk staff can assist with laundry needs, luggage storage and there is a hair salon and shopping onsite and a patio and rooftop terrace for guests to enjoy. A fitness center and spa are also on site. Babysitting/childcare (surcharge) is available. This hotel offers accessible bathrooms. Garage parking is available (surcharges apply). The Westgate Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 19
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Health club
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Express check-in
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 223
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1022
- Security guard
- Shoe shine
- Spa services on site
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Technology support staff
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 11,000
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Dial-up Internet access (complimentary)
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- CD player
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Multi-line phone
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room safe
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service
- Bathroom phone
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- First-run movies
Le Fontainebleau - Flagship restaurant known for romantic atmosphere and contemporary French cuisine with subtle California and Asian influences. Refined setting marked by antiques and original paintings. Bar located just off the entrance. Seafood Soiree on Friday nights; dinner and ballroom dancing on Saturday nights. Dinner served Monday–Saturday; Sunday champagne brunch.
Le Grand Café - Airy restaurant attracting many theatergoers, who stop by before and after Civic Center shows to enjoy Continental-inspired California cuisine. Salads, well-crafted sandwiches, pasta dishes, and sushi. Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner served.
Afternoon Tea - The lobby is the setting for a formal weekday-afternoon tea accompanied by harp music. Service includes sweet pastries, seasonal berries, and finger sandwiches of cold-smoked salmon, watercress, shrimp salad, and prosciutto ham. Champagne and wine available.
Plaza Bar - Intimate bar next to Le Grand Café. Popular after-theater stop with live piano music, comfortable armchairs, marble-topped tables, and crystal chandeliers. Cocktails, gourmet coffees, wines, and light snacks such as cheese plates, pâtés, and pastries. Weeknight happy-hour specials. Open from late afternoon to late evening.
Gourmet Wine and Delicatessen - Upscale grocery and deli. Soups, salads, made-to-order sandwiches, wines, imported chocolates, and other international treats. Gift baskets can be assembled. Open Monday–Friday from early morning to mid-afternoon.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
This San Diego hotel's fitness center includes treadmills, an elliptical trainer, a recumbent bike, a strength-training machine, and free weights. Water, towels, and fresh fruit are provided. Personal training and Pilates and yoga classes are available for a surcharge. Guests also receive discounted access to a health club four blocks away, providing an indoor lap pool, an aerobics area, and fitness classes.
Ten blocks from the hotel, the Embarcadero has a bayfront path for walking, running, and cycling. One mile away, the 1,200-acre Balboa Park offers two golf courses and a driving range, 13 museums, and the San Diego Zoo. Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing, and other water activities are available year-round at local beaches and Mission Bay Aquatic Park, 7.5 miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests” section of “Trip Preferences” when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night (effective 25 April 2011)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room bottled water
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 15.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.